Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yohn222
    • Jul 2006

.avi to dvd

long story short; I'm new at this. Just got a burner, nero and dvd shrink and am ready to go.

I have an avi file backed up, is it possible to burn it on to a dvd so I can play it in my stand alone, region 2, dvd player? If so can you give me some advice or point me in the right direction please. It would be much appreciated.
  • SMEG
    • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by yohn222
    long story short; I'm new at this. Just got a burner, nero and dvd shrink and am ready to go.

I have an avi file backed up, is it possible to burn it on to a dvd so I can play it in my stand alone, region 2, dvd player? If so can you give me some advice or point me in the right direction please. It would be much appreciated.
    Do you have nero if so then nero vision express will allow you to put the avi to disk and play in your standalone dvd player

Comment

• yohn222
      • Jul 2006

oh, so it's just that simple? Burn it using nero and it should play striaght away? I've had a look round the threads - it seems things such as the type of dvd have something of an influence?

I have nero 7 - will that work?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• yohn222
          • Jul 2006

Thanks, I'll let you know.

Comment

• yohn222
            • Jul 2006

Cool that seemede to work - cheers. Any idea why Nero seems to take three hours to burn this film on to DVD. The film I was backing up was only an hour and a half long. Am trying again but it is still taking the same time?

Comment

• uufta
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Dec 2005

Sometimes that could mean you have DMA setting wrong, try this:

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

or else nero is transcoding it. use nero express if you must use nero.
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...