X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soumic_it
    • Sep 2006

URGENT:2CDdat to 1CDavi encoding parameters needed

hi everybody,
    i'm new to this forum n to video encoding.to be specific i dont know anything about encoding.i've 2CD dat files of "moulin rouge",which i want to convert into 1CD avi files.i've divx n xvid codec.i also ve winavi converter.but,when i encode it with the default settings of the codec,the size becomes much larger than expected.so,i need to choose proper divx or xvid encoding parameters with less picture quality loss.should i encode video n audio seperately n then merge them?if yes,by means of which s/ws or codecs.if it's codec what should b the parameters of the codec that would fullfill the need.plz,reply me because it's very urgent.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Ur DAT files are MPEG1 files.Use Mediacoder to convert them to XVID encoded AVI.If u need any help with Mediacoder,plz post ur queries here.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• soumic_it
      • Sep 2006

i need ur help

hi pagolmon,
      will u plz,send me the full version of mediacoder n will u tell me how to encode with that.i mean the encoding parameters.i dont want any quality loss of the video.i've seen i CD avi files with DVD quality picture.bitrate almost around 800kbps(i think,i've little knowledge on that) n the picture size is anamorfic16:9 i think.i learned to use divx with default settings.but the target filesize doesnt reach if i fix the bitrate to 800kbps.n if i reduce the filesize,the pcture quality deteriorates.i think u r bengali.me too.we can share information.plz,help me.bye.thank u.

Comment

• soumic_it
        • Sep 2006

well paglamon,1 more thing i'll ask u.can u tell me how can i play .rmvb n .mp4 files.n how can i convert dat files into those formats.plz,send me link of ur known s/ws.thank u.

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

Download Mediacoder from here.It is freeware.
          Download MediaCoder for free. Universal media transcoding software. MediaCoder is a universal media transcoding software actively developed and maintained since 2005. It puts together most cutting-edge audio/video technologies into an out-of-box transcoding solution with a rich set of adjustable parameters which let you take full control of your transcoding.

As regarding playing RM files,install Real Alternative and Media Player Classic.
          sigpic

Comment

• soumic_it
            • Sep 2006

send media coder/xvid parameters

hi paglamon,
            plz,send me a perfect parameters for mediscoder n xvid encoder.i dont want ant quality loss of the picture of the cd's.i jst want to compress it into a single CD avi file.plz,reply.

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

What is the total time of ur video?
              U will find all the help u want at this link:http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/forum/
              sigpic

Comment

• soumic_it
                • Sep 2006

plz,send specific parameters

hi paglamon,
                i've already consulted mediacoder forum but there was no reoly on the topic mpg1 to avi.actually i want to convert 2 CD "moulin rouge","fanna",and"philadelphia" into avi format,with 1 CD each.the length is probably,more than 2 hours.with 800 bitrate i'm sure i'll never b able to convert it into the specified size.if i reduce bitrate,there will b loss in pic.quality.that's why i'm still fumbling around.plz,help me.send me proper parameters that i should set,because i've seen movies like "50 first dates" in avi format which has bitrate as higher as 800 n it has real good pic quality.plz,if u have encoded ever a 2CD video file to 1 CD avi files.send me the parameters.thank u,for ur help.

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

There are no FIXED parameters to do this.U have to calculate the bitrate from the time of ur video.One way to increase video quality would be to decrease the Audio bitrate and choosing mp3 compression.Reducing the resolution(at lower bitrates)might also help.But it will still depend on the quality of the source material.
                  BTW,if u would like a software to make most of the decisions for u ,then u can try AutoGK.Even there, u can alter the Audio bitrate.
                  Last edited by paglamon; 12 Sep 2006, 02:20 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...