Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MG0001uk
    • May 2002

Problem with playing vcd's

I have a problem with vcd's i have ripped a dvd and made 2 avi files but when i make a vcd using easy cd creator 5 or nero and put it in my dvd player it will not play them it puts up a code c0 will not play but it will play using a vcd player on my pc and my dvd player will play vcd's can someone help me please thank you
  • Glassguy
    • May 2002

I am having the same problem, I followed the instructions from setarip to amd and converted the movie from avi, then split the movie to fit on a cd in mpeg1, copy to cd with nero, and get another coaster. It plays just fine on the PC but when converting from avi to mpeg, I get an error saying something like "this created an error in audio when converting" The vcd's tell me non-system cd, yet it plays vcd's. One other question, will the movie (part 1 that was split into 2 to fit the cd) auto play in the cd player or do you have to add other files (in Nero) to get it to do this? Does Nero automatically add the files it needs to run the movie and all I have to physically add is the name of the movie (file)? It's almost like we have missed one checkmark in the setup, but which one???
    Sorry about being a pest, but need to get movies off the computor.
    Thanks to the experienced folks helping us rookies!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) Most standalone DVD players are very "finicky" about which brands, if any, of CD-R they'll recognize

2) The fact that a standalone DVD player can play COMMERCIAL VCDs does not ensure that it will play your burned VCDs

3) A "C0" error is different than the usual "No disk" message you'll get regarding burned VCDs - try running a DVD/CD cleaning disk on your standalone player

4) For information regarding your specific standalone player's capabilities, go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

Working...