Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JKidd555
    • May 2002

TV Out problems..

i am lost here... which is normally not the case.

however, i have been fooling around with trying to get my TV out card to work now that I am out of school for the summer, and not having much luck.

before i go into describing the problem, let me give you my computer's stats:

Dell Dimmension 8100, 1.5 GHz
    nVidia 32 MB GeForce2 MX 400 w/ TV Out
    Conexant BT869 TV Encoder Chip
    256 MB RDRAM
    and,
    Windows ME .. uuggh.. i know it sucks but i have way too much important information on there (60 gigs of school work, projects, video editing, programs, etc) that i cant risk losing right now..

----------------
    the problem
    ----------------
    before, in the advanced display properties, TV was greyed out out of nVidia device selection.

then, i installed the drivers from nVidia (March 2002), and i went from having four display settings (640x480,1024x768....1200x1024) up to probably 10 display settings, and now 800x600 added.

the TV option is now available, but the screen goes black, and the monitor light right next to the power button goes from green to orange. (i am guessing this means the analog monitor is shutting off and it is trying to use the tv as the new monitor, but something goes wrong and it reverts back to the analog monitor?)

i have an S-Video cable hooked into both the back of my tower and the back of our samsung DVD player. both connections are secure. there is no S-Video cable connection anywhere on our 40 or so inch TV, so is there a different process for hooking it up to a DVD player?

i then set the resolution to 800x600, then shut down my system. i turn on my TV and DVD player, and put hit the Video button to have the DVD player show up on the screen, and turn on my computer.

...still nothing.

it bothers me to have such an awesome feature like TV out and not know how to get it working... i am completely confused...

any ideas??
  • hermanthegerman
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

Try TV Tool.
    It supports your BT869 Chip.
    Painless, quick delivery of your domain name. Fast and professional service.

Regards,
    hermanthegerman

Comment

• GaryW
      • May 2002

TV out

You are probably connecting your svideo from the card out to the DVD player svideo OUT. That won't work.

Try connecting using RCA composite out to your tv.

Comment

Working...