Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiddvv
    • Dec 2006

No audio after burning to dvd-r

I have an .avi file that is 699mb. I have Nero ultra enhanced using nero visions to burn. Using the nero player on my pc the .avi plays fine . Audio and Video. So don't think it's a Codec Issue. After i burn the .avi using my nero vision (latest) The video plays fine in the set-top dvd player connected to the tv, but the audio does not work. I've just put the dvd-r that i burned back into my drive using the same nero player and the video plays fine but the audio does not.... In a nut shell, the .avi works fine from the hard drive before it is burned. No audio when played from the burned disc. I'm a new poster. I've tried to read and understand as much as i could. Downloaded the gspot. Here is the info. from gspot after loading the .avi into it.
    size: 699 MB (or 716,725 KB or 733,926,458 bytes)
    Container:
    file length correct
    DivX Style "packed bitstream" AVI
    AVI v1.0
    Interleave"1 vid frame(40 ms), preload=512
    Audio frames" split across interleaves
    Video: 491 MB (70.21%)
    Audio: 204 MB (29.16%)
    AVI Overhead: 4.38 MB (0.63%)

User Data/Metadata
    (USER) DivX503b1307p

Audio
    Codec 0x2000(Dolby AC3)AC3
    info 48000Hz 448kb/s tot, 6 chnls (3/2.1)
    Stat Codec(s) Installed

Video
    Codec: DX50/DIVX Name DivX 5.2.1 Alpha
    Status Codec(s) are Not installed
    1 max
    35.4 avg / 300 max
    1:03:43 frms 95,551 kbps 1078 Qf 0.248
    pics 25,000 frames 25,000
    pic(w x h ) 640x272
    SAR 2.353 (40:17) PAR 1.000 DAR 2.353 (40:17)

By the way the .avi is split into two equal parts. Part1 part2 . I burned part1 havn't burned part2 yet .... both parts play fine on pc with nero.
    Would'nt think this would matter.
    thnx
  • kiddvv
    • Dec 2006

No response

Did i do something wrong in this post ? New to forums. Just curious why i'm not getting any response.

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

is your dvd can play avi? if not then you need nero vision to convert to dvd file first
      sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

you are fine, just getting a little complicated, very few use nero

have you tried to use vision to convert to dvd compliant files

Comment

• kiddvv
          • Dec 2006

Ty for the reply. I used Nero Vision 4.7.0.9 added the file to nero vision like always and proceeded to burn. Never had this problem before.
          Burner is TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H6521L lightscribe
          @ chewy ... how is your benq 1650 ....?

Also... you will see i did say in my post above that i am using nero vision. By converting do u mean burning it with vision?
          Last edited by kiddvv; 22 Dec 2006, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

Nero Vision> made DVd> DVD video> click the file you want to convert to dvd type.....then you figure

if you use vision to burn to disc the file is in AVI unless your dvd player can play avi file it will not show TV, but it still play in computer
            sigpic

Comment

• kiddvv
              • Dec 2006

Greets ... hope u had good holidays. Just got back from a trip. Have to say i'm a little bumbed about the response here. NightTran I'm not sure what your trying to explain. Sounds like the same procedure i use to create all my discs using avi's. Did i disable the audio in my nero vision some how? Please post concise responses. It seems u may just be posting to post NightTran.. Now i have the same exact problem with a different Avi. I'm not getting any audio on any of my burned avi's what's going on? Seems like it's a problem with Nero vision? Out of all the people on here, someone has to have an answer. TY

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I can understand night a lot better than you, and he's fairly new to the english language

you have never specified that you converted the avi to dvd compliant files

you did use a dvd-r but what's on it?

your avi has a full blown ac3 soundtrack

please be polite, night was on the right track here and knows his stuff

Comment

• kiddvv
                  • Dec 2006

I'm sorry if i didn't seem polite. It's my lack of knowledge on these issues. I'm not sure if i have converted the avi to dvd compliant files. When i Use Vision to burn the avi to disc, doesn't that convert it ? What do you mean what's on it ? Are you saying that there is a full blown ac3 soundtrack? I am affraid because i am so new at this i need someone with the patience to hold my hand and walk me threw. Step by step. In finding out the problem. thnx. I have been doing alot of reading and just cn't find the answer.

Comment

• kiddvv
                    • Dec 2006

here is burn long from vision
                    Last edited by Chewy; 29 Dec 2006, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• NightTran
                      King of Digital Video
                      King of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by kiddvv
                      I'm sorry if i didn't seem polite. It's my lack of knowledge on these issues. I'm not sure if i have converted the avi to dvd compliant files. When i Use Vision to burn the avi to disc, doesn't that convert it ? What do you mean what's on it ? Are you saying that there is a full blown ac3 soundtrack? I am affraid because i am so new at this i need someone with the patience to hold my hand and walk me threw. Step by step. In finding out the problem. thnx. I have been doing alot of reading and just cn't find the answer.
                      Nero vision can burn straight avi files to disc, you can play on computer or play on new dvd player that can play avi file, if you read my post again, Nero can also convert avi file to dvd file ( above post) then you can use that to burn to disc then it can play with any dvd player

good luck
                      sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

something hosed the audio, it should have passed thru the conversion

try a high quality dual pass, and write to hard drive not dvd

and then if it checks out on your computer burn to dvd, don't use 16x
                        burn speed either

Comment

• NightTran
                          King of Digital Video
                          King of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                          something hosed the audio, it should have passed thru the conversion

try a high quality dual pass, and write to hard drive not dvd

and then if it checks out on your computer burn to dvd, don't use 16x
                          burn speed either
                          Thanks Chewy, I always change my audio all to 5.1 and not default
                          sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

you can always use the edit function and just do a small clip and test it

Comment

• kiddvv
                              • Dec 2006

Ok the burn log i supplied / that burn worked. I have audio . It was single pass and burned at 16x. The difference. In nero vision i set the Nero SmartEncoding to disable it was set on automatic. When set on automatic i got no audio after burn. When disabled i have audio. This is in the Video options/General tab of vision. Do u know why this happens when on automatic?
                              @Chewy & NightTran: I always do dual pass. Id like to change burn speed from 16x to either 4x or 8x (what's better 4x or 8x's), but i can't figure out how. Do u know how? My drive is TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H6521L lightscribe. Can u change the burn speed on this drive? I've looked and looked cn't figure out how. Maybe u cn't change it on this drive >? If you can where in vision or nero do u change it? One more thing. Do u always want to burn using dual pass and 4x or 8x burn speed? Why the lower speed burn?
                              @Night I'm sorry if my prior post sounded impolite it truely wasn't meant to be. I appreciate you taking the time to review my post.

Comment

Working...