Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djgolarge
    • May 2002

Please Help Unable transfer videos from PC to CD

Please could someone help with the following problem.

I have a number of AVI films which I have been sent and I wish to put them onto cd as VCD.

The problem I have is that every time I try to eaither convert the file to MPEG the proggrames say the file format is not reconised.

I have tried Nero and the file drags accros but nero freezes every time during the first encoding proccess.

The files have the details : Audio Format MPEG Layer-3,56 kBit/s, 24,000 Hz, Stereo

Video Format 352 x 288, 39861 Frames, 12.500 Frames/Sec, 44 KB/Sec, Unknown Format.

Please could anyone advise to a solution how I can transferr these files to CD from my PC. (The files play perfect on my pc).

Cheers for any help

DJ
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Although you've provided partial information, in order to determine which codec you need for a particular .AVI, you should do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• djgolarge
      • May 2002

Thank You Here are the details of problem

Thanks for your reply.

Here are the details the proggramme Virtualdub would not except the file and gave me the following message when I tried to open it..

Virtual Dub Error

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'MP43' (microsoft High Speed MPEG-4V3)

Virtualdub requires a video for windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video directshow codec's such as those used by windows media player are not suitable.

Thats as far as it would go?

Any ideas you have would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the help.

DJ

Comment

• djgolarge
        • May 2002

PLease help i'm pulling my hair out now

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'MP43' (microsoft High Speed MPEG-4V3)"

That's part of the original (NOT hacked) Microsoft codec. You can find it in many of the codec "packs" available for downloading at DivX Digest and DVD Digest...

Comment

• djgolarge
            • May 2002

Thanks to all of those that helped I have managed to complete the tasks. Cheers

DJ

Comment

Working...