Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MC_jr
    • Jan 2007

A few questions about copying.

1) Is there any benifits over burning an ISO vs. ripping it as a full dvd in the way of playablity? Can one for example play on more dvd players than the other, what about on an x-box 360.

2) How do i burn the ripped files when i do full dvd? Do i just use a dvd burning program and select all the files in the folder?

thanks in advance, -mike.
    Also this program is awesome.
  • JakeBlues
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Dec 2006

I can not speak about x-box games i can tell you this...
    IF you rip the full dvd as described here : http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...e1.html#target
    you will avoid losing any vital parts of most any dvd's.
    Me personally, when you follow the guide I've posted to you, and you get to the DVD Shrink part of the process... you can THEN edit the dvd you wish to make and then add or delete the extras/main titles/features/languages/subtitles/etc of a given disk.
    If you use the Re-author feature of Dvd shrink you can THEN edit a title even more by editing out for example 10 minutes of opening credits or closing credits or other unwanted things saving space or compression. I like this because you can put in your own DVD and not have to sit thru 10 minutes of previews and opening credits and get straight to the MEAT of the movie itself.

Also you asked: "Can one for example play on more dvd players than the others" if you will look here : http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...ies_page1.html
    and read carefully you will see that by burning a DVD-ROM (if your dvd burner is DVD-ROM compatible) as to burning it ...say as compared to burning in mpeg format (most burners can) it will have " playablity"... as you put it or "Compatibility" for most stand alone DVD players.
    I hope this helped answer you question.

Best,
    JAKE
    Last edited by JakeBlues; 15 Jan 2007, 09:06 PM. Reason: need editing
    ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

Working...