X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedniskhjartad
    • Jan 2007

problems with adding subs to my .avi

I'm having trouble subbing a .avi file. I have the .avi and the .srt for english in the same folder. These were the steps I took:

I downloaded sub2divx first: When i open the .avi file, it adds up the .srt, and while loading the .avi, it says "no suitable decompressor found for this video stream."

Then I downloaded DVDSubber: it opened the .avi in its internal preview screen, but without video, only sound.

The avi runs fine on all my other players, wmp, divxplayer, vlc... both video and sound.

I was upto date with all my codecs, but just as a precaution, I installed ffdshow as asked for in the sticky notes in this forum. No difference.
    I ran gspot, and a screenshot is posted below. Nandub didn't load the file, saying that it couldn't locate a decompressor for format "xvid", so I couldn't get the file information from it.
    Is there any other program that I can use, or make these work for me?
    Attached Files
  • hedniskhjartad
    • Jan 2007

i thought about using avi2dvd to burn it onto a dvd first, and then letting dvdsubber II handle it, but i'm thinking there might be an easier way.

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

What is it that you are trying to achieve---playing an avi with subtitles OR converting an avi to DVD with subtitles?
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• hedniskhjartad
        • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by paglamon
        What is it that you are trying to achieve---playing an avi with subtitles OR converting an avi to DVD with subtitles?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm trying to permanently integrate my avi with subtitles. I found the m2v player off this website which is working good with subtitles, but that's the only program that does so (as far as i can tell) from the ones I use.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

the dvd already has subtitles on it

let's read the rules

thread closed

Comment

Working...