Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navy
    • Jan 2007

help for Editing Video in VirtualDub

hello everybody i need help in using virtualdub software, i am using it for cropping one video which is of *.mpg format . i did it according to guidelines provided on

but when i try to save the video its size becomes very very large(more than 150MB) where as the size of original file is around 18MB only. so please can anyone tell me where i am making the mistake as i follow the following steps to crop the video:-

1) file--> open video file
    2)filters-->video-->add--> null transform
    3)cropping--> after chaing sizecropping pressing ok
    4)preview filterd
    5)after dub progress has completed
    6)save as avi

or can some one tell me some other software having simple procedures, which i should be using for cropping and adjusting brightness of the videos
    Last edited by navy; 27 Jan 2007, 06:10 PM. Reason: mistakes
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

welcome

you need to have recompressed the video. just before you save the avi, under video select "compression" and recompress. or else load the new UNCOMPRESSED avi you made and do this. "full processing mode" by default is set to "uncompressed RGB", hence the massive increase in file size. by all means stick with vdub.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 28 Jan 2007, 06:01 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• navy
      • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      welcome

you need to have recompressed the video. just before you save the avi, under video select "compression" and recompress. or else load the new UNCOMPRESSED avi you made and do this. "full processing mode" by default is set to "uncompressed RGB", hence the massive increase in file size. by all means stick with vdub.
      for replying but can you please tell me which video codec i should be using for comprassion, as i am not having good hand at computers

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by navy
        for replying but can you please tell me which video codec i should be using for comprassion, as i am not having good hand at computers
        i use divx mostly, xvid is another option...
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...