X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lezouave
    • Feb 2007

Re-authoring DVD

Greetings
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="" colspan="2">
    I have a DVD from a concert I performed that was shot, edited and authored by others, and I would like to edit it to 1.) make it shorter using selected clips,
    2.) replace the audio with the superior audio from the master audio recording, so it needs to be synced up.

I would like to do this without re-encoding the video, and it seems possible based on all that I've read, but I am having a hard time getting my head around all this.

I did convert and edit and re-encode video using Vegas, and it's fine for making flash movies, but this quality is not good enough for DVD authoring. I will be quite satisfied to end up with a DVD without menus or any extras. Just so people can pop it into their DVD player and watch it.

Any help?

(Windows XP sp2, btw)

Steve
    <!-- w -->www.stevegibons.com<!-- w -->

<form onsubmit="var reason = prompt('Are you sure you want to report this post?\nEnter the reason below (spam, double post, warez, etc...):',''); if (reason!='' && reason!=false && reason!=null) { document.postreport1652037.message.value = 'http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1652037#1652037 \n\n'+reason; } else return false;" action="posting.php" method="post" name="postreport1652037" id="postreport1652037"> <input name="quick_quote" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="attach_sig" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="message" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="mode" value="reply" type="hidden"> <input name="t" value="119319" type="hidden"> <input name="sid" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="dpost" value="" type="hidden"> <input name="notify" value="0" type="hidden"> <input name="reportpost" value="1652037" type="hidden"> <input name="post" value="Report this Post" style="border: 0pt solid rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; color: rgb(159, 0, 0); cursor: pointer;" type="submit"> </form>

</td></tr></tbody></table>
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Please try Womble MPEG Video Wizard which allows you to edit MPEG video directly without re-encoding it. Therefore, the video quality remains. You still need a DVD author program to author DVD after getting done with Womble MPEG Video Wizard though

Regards

Comment

Working...