Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jk15060
    • May 2006

Poor quality home video

First of all, I really like this forum. I have found answers to most of my questions as they pertain to backing up home movies to DVD. I am trying to combine about a dozen home videos (VHS) to DVD. I have a DVD Recorder that works just fine with capturing the VHS contents and will even allow me to daisychain several VHS's onto one DVD.

One of those VHS movies doesn't play very well. By that, I mean there are lines across the top and bottom of the screen while it's playing. Nearly all of the other home movies get adjusted with the "Tracking" feature of my VHS player, but not this one.

Is there any way to eliminate those lines once I have captured the VHS and burned to DVD? Or will I need to keep trying to play the VHS until the image looks better? Or am I sunk altogether?

Thank you for any help that is out there. I hope this is posted to the correct forum.

jk
  • FireRaven
    • Jan 2005

hi. you should try playing the vhs on a better system. if you record your dvd with the lines put in it will be very hard to get them out and you will loose quality when doing it.

try the vcr's manual tracking or take it to a professional system.

Comment

Working...