Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedniskhjartad
    • Jan 2007

trying to make an audio cd iso

The title might be a bit misleading, but what I want to do is taking enough mp3s to make an audio cd (80 minutes), and copying them in audio cd format to an iso; instead of burning them onto a cd, then using an iso builder to make an iso of the cd. is this possible with any freeware or trial software? or, is it possible at all?
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Sure it is. You can use a simple free burning app like Deep Burner to either burn or create an ISO.

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

A couple more apps; BTW, Nero will also do it!
      ISO files are actually images of complete CDs or DVDs compiled as one whole image file (*.iso), just like Ghost does for hard disks and partitions. ISO images

regards, katz

Comment

• hedniskhjartad
        • Jan 2007

thanks for the information; however i'm still slightly confused. Dan, when you say I can use Deep Burner... I installed it, (the free version, not the pro)but i don't see where it would allow me to build an iso. the only options in new project that it gave me were to create cd/dvd, create audio cd, and burn iso image. i don't see where it would let me build an iso of the type that i want. does pro do what i want, and the basic free version doesnt?

were i simply making an iso of selected files, i would use imgburn, but what i'm trying to do is to convert the mp3s into audio cd format (which was .cda or something if i'm correct?), and then build an iso of those newly converted files... so that when i use daemon to mount the image, it would recognize the virtual drive as having an audio cd in it.
        The only way that i've figured out how to do this is by burning a cd, then using lciso creator to image that cd, but that's the stupid way, i don't want to use up cds...
        i have a feeling i ramble on a bit...

And katz, i probably installed nero back a long time ago when they might have been between patches, because i was getting so many burn errors that i stopped using it completely. i think i should give nero a try again, but i'll purchase only if it does this specific task that i want it to do... do you think it will?
        Last edited by hedniskhjartad; 25 Mar 2007, 03:14 AM. Reason: addition...

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

I thought you wanted you select audio files from your hard drive, enough for a full CD. Then you wanted to either burn an ISO or create an ISO.

If this is what you mean, it is the same way I use Deep Burner.
          I load it up, I select create Audio CD. Then I select all the songs I want to put on my CD. Then when I burn you will get an option to save ISO.

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

And katz, i probably installed nero back a long time ago when they might have been between patches, because i was getting so many burn errors that i stopped using it completely. i think i should give nero a try again, but i'll purchase only if it does this specific task that i want it to do... do you think it will?
            I can't honestly answer that, as I have never used it for that purpose, but I did come across several mentions of it in a google search.

I know alot of folks have issues w/ Nero, but burning errors is not one of them for me...

BTW, you could look at Golden Rules Of Burning for a "refresher" on burning, using good grade media,. etc. Don't hurt to review once in awhile!

regards, katz

Comment

• hedniskhjartad
              • Jan 2007

For some reason i can't seem to find the option that would let me burn to iso.

I selected "Create audio cd"
              Dragged the mp3s onto the CD Image section.
              Looked around for a burn image option, didnt find one
              Went to "burn disk", that it might ask me then, but when i clicked burn, it just went to my drive and said device not ready.
              Sorry, i sound pretty damn stupid to myself right about now.

I included a screenshot of what i'm seeing.
              Attached Files

Comment

• hedniskhjartad
                • Jan 2007

katz, i saw that page once before, and i said yeah yeah, i know all that stuff, but there were a couple of interesting tips there that i didnt know about, so thanks
                i'll install nero trial and see how that goes for me.

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Okay, my fault I just checked and you have to select the create data CD/DVD when it first loads.

Then you will be able to load your files of any kind, and create ISO or burn.

That is the method I always use for music or for saving small backups. I just haven't used it in some time I guess, lol.

Comment

• hedniskhjartad
                    • Jan 2007

Alright, i knew I wasnt seeing things, or (not) seeing things ;P
                    thanks a lot for all your help.

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

No problem, I hope it does the job for you.

Comment

Working...