Increasing Brightness/Contrast in Video?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Westly32
    • Jun 2006

Increasing Brightness/Contrast in Video?

Is there a way to increase the brightness or contrast in source video material before it's authored to dvd? I've run into a slight problem. After burning some video to disc, playing them back on a stand alone dvd player, the picture quality is decidely dark...Not so dark as to be unwatchable, but annoying to me at least. Turning up the brightness on the tv is a pain, because you then must set the brightness level back afterwards. Playback of source video is fine on the pc. Suspected it was the media I used-TDK DVD+ 8x, but other projects created are just fine.
    So, is there any software preferrably free-yes, I'm cheap...that allows you to adjust the picture quality?
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

How did you prepare your files? In TMPGEnc you can correct the brightness,colour etc. before making the final mpeg2 file.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Westly32
      • Jun 2006

I use TMPG DVD Author 3 with Divx. This version, appears to not have those kinds of controls...drat.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Use an Avisynth script and feed into TMPEGEnc,

Code:
        avisource("C:\path\to\file.avi")
        tweak(bright=20,cont=1.1)
        Where brightness is somewhere between -255 and +255, default 0, and contrast between 0 and 10, default 1.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

I use TMPG DVD Author 3 with Divx.
          I was referring to TMPGEnc Plus.It is better to use TMPGEnc Plus(for preparing your DVD compliant files) before authoring in TMPGEnc DVD Author.
          sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Westly32
            • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by paglamon
            I was referring to TMPGEnc Plus.It is better to use TMPGEnc Plus(for preparing your DVD compliant files) before authoring in TMPGEnc DVD Author.
            Ok, I always get those confused when reading threads. I do have that, and will bang my skull on it this weekend...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...