Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marine50
    • May 2002

Watch avi while downloading???

Is it possible to watch an avi file while downloading, or a part download !!
    The main reason is to check the quality
    I think i have seen this answer before on this forum, but i cant seem to find it again

Thanx in advance!!!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

DivX video does not support streaming, but you can always do this. Download this movie, and while in the middle of downloading, stop it. Use DivFix on the partially downloaded file and reindex it. You can now view the movie normally like any other AVI files. Remember to strip the index of the file when you are going to resume the download. Alternatively, you can create a copy of the file for Divfix to work on.

Comment

• elfion
      • Jul 2009

yes, it is possible. but i haven't found a good way to do it yet. this is how i stumbled upon this thread. anyhow, say you're downloading sample_01.avi from megaupload dot com using firefox's default download manager. in the folder that you are downloading to there should be a file sample_01.avi which will be empty untill the download is complete and sample_01.avi.part

now what you need is VLC player (which is free and available online), you open using it (you can just drag it into the VLC window) and VLC will tell you that the index is corrupted and that it should be fixed, yes? yes, fix it.
      that's it.

i'm looking for a way to make this process easier. you can give avi link to some player, but then in the end the player won't give you the avi file so...

Comment

Working...