Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haugenbp
    • Jul 2007

Edit dvd clips

I'm trying to create a DVD that will play on a standard player that is full of clips that I choose from DVDs in my collection. I would be satisfied with either one continuous clip of them running together or all separate clips that play in any order. Here's the equipment I have access to.

Two panasonic DVD players
    Playstation 2
    Litech DVD recorder
    Dell Laptop computer w/DVD drive (plays only)
    160gb external hard drive
    Plextor external USB DVD burner

Can anyone recommend a technique where I can use the Litech DVD recorder, or else software I'd need to rip the clips onto my PC and then burn it to DVD with the Plextor so it is playable on a standard DVD player.

Thanks in advance!
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Well, first you need to rip the discs in your hard drive... and we are not allowed to discuss that here, so Google that part.

I suggest a program like TMPGEnc DVD Author, you can import DVD clips and do what you want with them, then export a working DVD.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

haugenbp, if your stand-alones can play divx or xvid you might consider using something like StaxRip to cut and convert clips to .avi files. You'd get more video on a single disc with quality pretty close to the original. It's a freeware converter that has a simple editing tool for cutting clips. You can select an entire vob file set and cut the clips as if editing one big file. Pretty cool once you get used to using it.

Comment

Working...