Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colburn112
    • May 2002

quick question?

i was wondering if it would hurt the quality of my mpg file if i left my kazaa on downloading while i was encoding with tmpgenc,, thanks in advance!!!!
  • RussGrover
    • May 2002

It might especially if KaZaa uses the same hard drive, also the CPU will be taxed to the MAX and thus probably slow down the process, I suggest Shutting it down. (I Do)

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I doubt it, unless your system is sheerly underpowered. Downloading hardly takes up any CPU resources and the process can make do with what little it has while TMPGEnc is hogging the rest of the system resources.

It is possible, though, that a slight glitch occurs somewhere during the process and the .mpg file you are creating has a small error at the currently being encoded part. However, that is uncommon.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

Run both progs and check your system resources and see how maxed your system really is.

Performing other operations while encoding will not affect quality. The only drawbacks are that it will take longer to finish the encode and you might accidentally lock up your system and have to start over. Of course, winXP handles lock ups much better than 98 or me.

Mac

Comment

• colburn112
          • May 2002

thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated, i think im bout to finish encoding and burning my first svcd here in few minutes so thanx to this site i learned how, thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Working...