X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sledgeka
    • Sep 2007

Videostudio 11 Security problems

Hi;

I having problems with VS 11 everytime I boot windows XP I get a error message saying The Security Information is invalid or has been modified, program will terminated" I have been looking around at other sites regarding this problem. Videostudio Pro 11 will not open at all!

It was recommended to uninstall the program and then reinstall which I tried but still get the error message. Apparently the software has a known bug which clashes with XP service Pack 2.

I tried other methods such as misconfig the videostudio security file with VS 11 as others suggested elsewhere and deleting the registry entry but the problem still remains.

Has Anyone have any other workarounds I could try? It also happened to Videostudio 7
    I was using that's why I upgraded to 11 to help get rid this known bugbut to no avail.

Getting frustrated over the matter. please Help? I have tried VS FAQ but no help.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

UVS did have some problems with Win XP2. In my case,it was crashing while capturing. Uninstalling Windows installer version 3.1 rectified the problem. You can try it.If it does not help you can reinstall the windows installer 3.1.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• sledgeka
      • Sep 2007

Originally Posted by paglamon
      UVS did have some problems with Win XP2. In my case,it was crashing while capturing. Uninstalling Windows installer version 3.1 rectified the problem. You can try it.If it does not help you can reinstall the windows installer 3.1.
      Thanks for your reply..
      It's not going to crash XP is it? I just add/remove?

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

It's not going to crash XP is it?
        No way. In fact if it corrects the problem you can then install the Windows Installer Version 3.0.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• sledgeka
          • Sep 2007

Originally Posted by paglamon
          No way. In fact if it corrects the problem you can then install the Windows Installer Version 3.0.
          Hi
          I tried what you suggested and still getting the same error. Getting Frustrating.

Comment

• olyteddy
            • Nov 2006

I believe it has to do with uLead checking for its MPEG encoder every time you re-boot. you can try turning off the automatic check from CCleaner. IIRC, that's what I had to do to allow me to install HCEncoder.

Comment

• sledgeka
              • Sep 2007

Originally Posted by olyteddy
              I believe it has to do with uLead checking for its MPEG encoder every time you re-boot. you can try turning off the automatic check from CCleaner. IIRC, that's what I had to do to allow me to install HCEncoder.
              Hi;

Thanks for your post.. what am I excalty turning off by using CCleaner(I have this program installed) the MPEG encoder?. Could you please give me some specify instructions. Thx

Comment

• olyteddy
                • Nov 2006

Run CCleaner; Choose Tools -> StartUp and see if uLead is auto running anything. If it is it is safe to 'Delete Entry' thus turning it off. You can do that with most start up managers, I use CCleaner, so that's why i recommended it.

Comment

• sledgeka
                  • Sep 2007

Originally Posted by olyteddy
                  Run CCleaner; Choose Tools -> StartUp and see if uLead is auto running anything. If it is it is safe to 'Delete Entry' thus turning it off. You can do that with most start up managers, I use CCleaner, so that's why i recommended it.
                  I just had a look at the startup through Ccleaner as u suggest and can't see any Ulead entry in there. What next?

Comment

• atifsh
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2003

though ppl here having problems with VS 11 i never had any with xp.
                    i think instead of wasting ur time and energy fixing the issue with uv11, u already done many tries, is to reinstall windows from scratch and then install video studio 11.

if u still want to try then try these things......

1: uninstall vs11
                    2: delete the temp folder, vs11 folder from program files, any vs files u may find in common files folder, anything in application data folder, and try to find any install files in uninstall folders in windows directory that are hidden.
                    3: delete any vs11 or ulead keys from registry
                    4: restart
                    5: try again installing vs11 now.
                    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• jontjont
                      • Nov 2007

I have maybe a similar problem - and Corel support have not been ble to solve it. I have reinstalled vs 11 over a trial version that has expired - and I have done a total clean as suggested by Corel including deleting registry and installation data.

But the software simply wont start. When I start with "run as" then I get the message "Limit users can not try this product. You can use normally after successful activiation". The problem is I need to start the software to activiate - but it wont start unless already activated - catch 22!!!!!

I tried using an Administrator account in safe mode (in XP Home the only way to do this), but in safe mode a component is missing so the software wont start.

Other than doing the millionth reinstall, any ideas how to activate without starting or to run as administrator in XP Home??

Thanks!!

Comment

• lmc1
                        • Dec 2007

I was getting the same error message under Vista Ultimate. Uninstall and Reinstall did not fix it. But I went to c:\Program Files\Ulead System and right clicked on the vstudio application. I set it to be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and set to run as Administrator. Then Ulead worked fine. I then turned off the compatability and the run as administrator. It still works fine. Maybe this will work for someone else.

Comment

Working...