5 1.5 gig DVD movies on 1 dual layer with menu?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdnovice99
    • Jan 2008

5 1.5 gig DVD movies on 1 dual layer with menu?

Hi guys,

I am hoping you experts could shed some light please. I have gone through a very long winded process to convert a TV series on standalone dvd recorded discs from ten DVDs, decoded these and used Shrink on a one pass max compression to a more reasonable 1.5gigs each, any further compression results in poor quality.

I would like to put 5 episodes each on two dual layer DVDs with a very basic menu system so that the episode can be selected to play on a standard TV DVD player. I was disapointed having used NERO RECODE and waiting four hours for each disc to render that they are four mpeg files with no menu system and only play on a computer DVD drive.

Does anyone know what software/procedure is required to achieve a basic menu system and to shove 5 episodes on one disc, or maybe spread across 3 discs if more space is required so that it will play in a standalone DVD player connected to a TV?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Spike
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

If the episodes are about 50 minutes then 3 would work fine on a single layer but not 4. Why do you need menus when you can simply select titles with your remote and why buy and burn dual layer to just have them fail?

at 25 cents a disk single layer makes more sense than 2$ a dual layer

about a fourth the cost and about 4 times more reliable

of course having all 10 as 350 meg avi's on a single layer would be the best option
    Last edited by Chewy; 18 Jan 2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...