X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BretMan
    • Apr 2009

FormatFactory/Quicktime help needed

Hello,

I recently tried Format Factory successfully based upon a recommendation from DVF. Now I'm using it to try to convert some flv files to Quicktime (mov).

The converted to Quicktime files at first would do nothing when I tried to open them, except open the Quicktime window. So I tried updating Quicktime. That then gave me the Quicktime window and the video file name listed in it and a pop up stating something about additional software is needed ... Pressing Play gave me the sound of the video but no video. So I tried to find out what software still is needed for Quicktime but the update page Quicktime takes me to doesn't tell me anything.

Does anyone know what I need or what I should do here?
    Many thanks!
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Hi BretMan,

You're right. It does not like to convert flv to mov.

But SUPER Does great.

Let us know if that suits your needs.

Thanks

Comment

• BretMan
      • Apr 2009

Thanks! I downloaded it and then checked the description before the install. It doesn't list flv or flv to mov. Are you sure it will do that? And no malware/spyware too right (I have to ask)?

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

That's Super. Okay a pun.

It doesn't list flv or flv to mov
        From Super

FLV converter Convert any supported input file to FLV. Convert FLV files (similar to Google/YouTube video..) to any other format.
        MOV converter Convert any supported input file to MOV. Convert MOV files to any other format.
        The rendered MOV files are created using a wide variety of video codecs H.264/MPEG-4/DivX/XviD/H.263... together
        Plus I also ran a test flv file. . Works like a charm. Just select output mov. See HERE

And no malware/spyware too right (I have to ask)?
        None. and freeware as well.

Comment

• BretMan
          • Apr 2009

Great! I didn't see any of that in the description page. Thank you. I'll definitely try it then.

Comment

• matthew67
            • Jul 2009

Is it a Codec problem?

I'm not sure if that is a codec problem. Would you please do the following things to make me clear about your .mov file? Open your file in quicktime pro, go to movie, then get movie properties. On the left drop-down menu pick video track and on the right one pick format. What does it say on the data format line?

Comment

Working...