Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annars44
    • Feb 2010

AVI 2 DVD help please

I'm trying to convert a movie in AVI 2 DVD. I've followed all the steps although when I select 'GO', this message pops up 'File Access Denied'. Has anyone had this problem and how can I fix it??
  • tonysmith1929
    • Nov 2005

Avi2dvd

So which program are you using to do this. I used 'AVStoDVD' (free)
    andxmanaged OK, and I'm a dimbo !!! Best of luck.

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Is this SUPER by any chance? If so, I had issues with it on Vista(access denied) but not XP. As tonysmith suggested, I usually use AVStoDVD or FAVC.

If it is SUPER try a different build. I think the Vista problems went in and out depending on which build and probably which Vista you used and the account you used etc..

Comment

• annars44
        • Feb 2010

Thanks for the replies. As per my initial post, I used the program AVI2DVD (also Free).

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

I haven't tried Avi2DVD in a few years. If you have a multi-core PC you may want to try FAVC. Also DVD Flick works well. There are a bunch. In fact you can even just use QuEnc yourself. Create a script file for your movie, say movie.avs and it only has one line:
          AviSource("Movie.avi")

Load that in QuEnc as the input file. Set it for mpeg2 and it will spit out an .mpg output file with navpacks that you can use in an authoring program such as DVDAuthorGUI.

d2mp is another one.

edit: to use anything that uses .avs scripts you need AviSynth installed. Often the tool will install it for you if it's not on your system already.
          Last edited by MilesAhead; 5 Feb 2010, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• annars44
            • Feb 2010

Thanks MilesAhead. I'm not very good at this stuff but i'll work through your post and try to figure it out. AviSynth installed at the same time as Avi2DVD so i have that too.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

AviSynth can be daunting to look through all the filters and stuff. Esp. if you don't plan on being a video conversion professional. But the nice thing about it is you can easily find out enough to make small modifications to the script used by a program. You can do things like add hard subs with a single line. For example, FAVC only supports .srt subtitles. But it gives you an Advanced Scripting Tab. If all you have are idx/sub subtitles you can "burn them in" by putting this line in the box that says "Following the Resize Operation"

VobSub("x:\path\movie")

(you leave off the file extension because it's a pair of files movie.idx and movie.sub for the subtitles.)

It's worth looking at. Sometimes you can get rid of jaggies by finding the right filter and just adding a line or 2 to the script.

Last edited by MilesAhead; 5 Feb 2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

Welcome annars44

This here should do it. http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Not free but trial and if you like just pull the trigger.
                SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...