Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scooter5
    • Jun 2002

no audio great video

I'm using tmpgenc to encode(svcd) and cut a movie so I can burn it with nero. The video quality is great, but I have no sound.

The movie I'm encoding.
    mpeg layer 3- audio
    mpeg 4- video
    23 fps
    127 bits

By the way, You can't imagine how much i've learned from this forum! Thanks
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

What is your input source? I take it you selected the audio file in tmpge? When you say you have no audio after encoding did you check it before you burned to cd or after? A little more info is needed.

Mac

Comment

• scooter5
      • Jun 2002

no audio

input source- mpeg layer 3 audio
      mpeg 4 divx video
      fps 23
      127 bits
      Thats the properties of the movie I'm trying to encode. I take it thats the input source. I'm using the wizard in tmpgenc.the only things that I've changed have been the aspect ratio( from 1:1 to 4:3 display) and the bitrate level so it will fit on 1 disc after I cut it in the source range window.
      The movie plays fine before I encode it, using The Playa. Good sound and video.I hope thats what you needed.

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

The audiostream is probably Variable Bit Rate (VBR) MPEG Layer 3, which TMPGEnc cannot process. If this is the case, do the following to convert .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio:

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
        Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
        From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
        Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
        Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

You can then load the new silent .AVI and the .WAV audio into TMPGEnc...

Comment

• LilCalvin
          • Apr 2002

setarip may be right, but i have found that once you save the audio with the .wav extension, you don't need to do anything to the video. all you do in TMPGEnc is load the .avi in the video input and the .wav for the audio. TMPGEnc isn't gonna do a thing with the audio from the .avi since the original file is only used for the video.

Comment

Working...