X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IrvJr
    • Jul 2002

DVD to MPEG-2 / AV Muxing

Hi Folks,

I have some video content in .VOB format and I'd like to be able to extract the video stream and audio stream (AC3 Dolby Digital) and re-mux the two into a single MPEG-2 files.

I've played around with a program called ReMpeg that lets me extract the video from the .VOB file and save it as a reduced quality MPEG-2 file. However, I am having difficulties MUX-ing the audio and video:

1. Is there a resource available that can guide me on the VOB to MPEG-2 conversion?

2. Is it possible for me to extract the MPEG-2 video and AC3 (dolby digital) audio from the .VOB file and then remux these two streams into a single MPEG-2 file?

3. What tools do you recommend for this task?

Thanks!

IrvJr
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

TMPGEnc...

File>>MPEGTools>>Demultiplex
    Set mode to "MPEG2"
    Save videostream
    Save audiostream

Then

File>>MPEGTools>>Simple Multiplex
    Set mode to "MPEG2"
    Load videostream
    Load audiostream
    Save with ".MPG" extender

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• IrvJr
      • Jul 2002

Thanks!

Thanks for the Tip Setarip!

I was able to MUX the streams successfully!

Can you recommend a tool that will allow me to transcode an AC3 stream into an MPEG-2 audio stream (so I can easily MUX this with the MPEG-2 video)?

I was able to MUX an MPEG-2 Video with an MPEG-2 Audio stream using TMPGEnc and the utilities you pointed me to. However, when I tried to MUX the MPEG-2 video with an AC3 stream, TMPGEnc wouldn't accept the AC3 file.

Thanks!

IrvJr

Comment

Working...