X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spideys
    • Jul 2002

no audio in the vob file

help please!!!

i managed to make an avi using flask -> virtual dub, but there is an audio synch which i'm having trouble with.
    so i decide to do the audio separately.
    using graph edit there are no ac3 when i link the arrow from the source to the Ligos filter
    then i tried another dvd and it works fine
    when i try playing the vob files ripped using smartripper the first vob from the first dvd does not have any sound while the second vob has
    i'm guessing this is the reason graph edit cannot extract the sound. am i right?? is there any solution??

oh and i also have tried ac3dec and flask 0.6
    in flask it failed when i want to join the video and audio and in ac3dec it produced an error and there is nothing when i clicked the play source button

any help is appreciated
    thanks in advance ^_^
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Open the first vob file with DVD2AVI, it will then autoload all the vobs. select audio->'dolby digital'->'demux all', and select file->'save project'. This will create an ac3 file for each audio channel in the vobs.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• spideys
      • Jul 2002

I just tried it and i convert the ac3 file to wav using beesweet from doom9 guide
      however the same problem still arises the audio gets out of synch worse than before
      already tried fixing it but it does not help

I've tried a lot of audio extraction method such as :
      graph edit : since the first vob has no sound it does not have ac3 link at the mpeg-2 splitter filter
      dvd2avi:totaly out of synch
      flaskmpeg:blank in the beginning of the wav
      ac3dec:error when clicking the "start converting" button

Any other method i haven't tried??
      Any solution or help??
      Do tell !!

thx again

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Are you converting a PAL or NTSC, DVD ? which frame rate are you using ?, what bitrate are you using for mp3 encoding ?

Comment

• spideys
          • Jul 2002

an NTSC dvd with 29.97 fps and i'm using 44100 hz mp3 96 kbps hq as in the nicky's multiplexing guide
          i used flask mpeg to produce the video using divx 4 2nd pass method and i tried several method of audio extraction including no extraction using flask
          the dvd is a set of dvd only the first one is weird cause after extracting the vob using smartripper the other dvd all the vob can be played normally in windows media player
          but in the first dvd, the first vob when played in WMP produce no sound while the rest of the vob is fine as in they produce sound

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

When using Besweet, to convert ac3 to mp3, you should not resample to 44.1 khz, it's know to produce sync issues.

Comment

• spideys
              • Jul 2002

when using beesweet i use the original 44800 hz didn't change anything just following doom's guide and i change ac3 to wav not to mp3

then i changed it using virtual dub using audio -> conversion change to 44100 and then audio -> compression mp3 96 kbps 44100
              i already tried not changing it ie. conversion to 44800 and compression 96 kbps 44800

Comment

Working...