I got the AC3 to work now new prob. almost there!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToiletDuck
    • Jul 2002

I got the AC3 to work now new prob. almost there!!!

I know that i have been posting it up and I promise to stop I am almost done with this. I managed to get my ac3 file into my movie. Ok i hade a very nice looking rip that was exactly 10.6mb. It was of the movie Tombstone. There wasn't a whole lot of computer stuff so it went rather easy. Now I have an AC3 audio file that is 178mb. I got the updated virtualdub that handles AC3files and i also go the ac3codecs. I ran it and now have a wonderful looking rip at aroue 189mb's. Believe it or not it looks very nice. However when I run it, it is slow and choppy. The voicecs sound like they are on a tape recorder running out of batteries. Is it possible that i compressed the file so much that it doesn't want to work? I ziped just the video and it went to an amaizing 760kb and e-mailed it to a friend. he opened it and the file played great for him also. So it has to be something with the sound. If any of you have ever experienced this before I would like to know. If you have any ideas I would like to know that also. Thank you so much for your time.
    TD

P.S. If you would like me to e-mail you the 760kb video i made just leave your e-mail and I'll send it tomorrow
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Crossposter
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• ToiletDuck
      • Jul 2002

What is crossposter? I'm a newB

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by ToiletDuck
        What is crossposter? I'm a newB
        Someone who post the same message/question in multiple forums.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Would you keep to just one topic and tell everything you have to say from there?!? It's annoying to see somebody blabbering here and there, and making readers realise they are ALL the same thing...

Comment

• ToiletDuck
            • Jul 2002

Yea I know I'm sorry. When no one answered I thought maybe I was asking in the wrong place. Then after a few hours of making mistakes I learned one problem so now I had a new one and there was no reason to ask teh same question again. I'm sorry. I'm so close to finally being donw and don't know what to do

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

Ahhh... sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.

I meant to have posted in this thread.

Comment

• khp
                The Other
                • Nov 2001

Re: I got the AC3 to work now new prob. almost there!!!

Originally posted by ToiletDuck
                Ok i hade a very nice looking rip that was exactly 10.6mb. It was of the movie Tombstone.
                You managed to fit the entire movie tombstone in just 10.6 MB, exactly how did you do this ?.

Comment

• ToiletDuck
                  • Jul 2002

Well like I said I don't know a whole lot and may have just found fools gold. I think I messed up. I took the dvd2avi program and put in the vob file of tombstone. Then I selected to take the audio out also. So then when I went to my F drive I had this 10.6.mb file of tombstone. When I clicked on it it still played the whole movie. Just no sound. I thought that it was impossible so I then cut and pasted the file onto my C: drive and it was still the same size. I clicked on it and it still ran. Nicec picture, not perfect, but i would say 90-95% mark or what i want. So i figured the file had to be lagit. Then I had the ac3 file. When I merged the ac3 file and the video file using nandub it make a film about 200 megs. I saw a rip of a movie called Train spotters that was like 300 meg and it looked great. i figured I just did something right. Then I would click on the file and it would start playing, with sound this time, but it was choppy and slow. And no one seemed to be able to answer my question so I got Bee and make the ac3 file a mp3 of about 105 mb. Then I went into Nandub and merged the audio and video there. Once the file was done it was about like 130 megs. The whole time i was telling myself that this can't be right. But when I clicked on it it played and this time it played nice and smooth using the mp3 format for audio. Still confused as to how this was possible I decided to burn it onto a disk and show my friends tomorrow and see what they though. Then I went to delete the files in the folder. when I deleted all the files except my final one i clicked on it and the sound came on but no picture. So 1 by 1 I put each file back so i could find out if it need an ifo file or something. But it turns out as of now that it needs the whole vob file to actually run. I don't understand it. Does it need the vob file? Does it just use it to check as like a referance or something? where did i mess up? When I watch it with the vob file there the film does look like it went through a codec. So why won't it work. I think I spent all night learning a valuable lesson. If you think there is something to this story please let me know. There are many many hours at work wasted here. I would just like to know your input. Nothing I have read so far has ever mentioned anything about this. No forums or anything. Which means either I am that dumb. Or, I am that dumb.
                  TD

Comment

• khp
                    The Other
                    • Nov 2001

What version of DVD2AVI are you using ? Did you select 'save project' or 'save avi' I don't quite see how DVD2AVI, could create a 10 MB avi file.

I would suspect that the file you got is an vfapi avi file. This file only contains references to the vob files.

Please go read some guides

I would suggest using GordianKnot.

Last edited by khp; 19 Jul 2002, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...