Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero-Point
    • Jan 2003

AVI DeFreezer - Large Output files

I have a video clip which is 15 seconds and 4.4 MB and has a frozen frame. I found AVI DeFreezer and tried to put it to use.

Using VirtualDub, I found the frozen frame and started at the previous keyframe (58) and stopped the frame and the next keyframe (73) and defroze the avi.

The video comes out fine, although there is a little fuzziness where it was frozen, but I can live with that. The problem is, the filesize jumped to over 51 MB.

I have noticed a few others talk about this but haven't found a reason/fix for this.

thanks,

• UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

do you actually need to convert this file or is it just for playback reason?

if playback is all you want, installing divx antifreeze should help:
    This website is for sale! tac.ee is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tac.ee has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"The problem is, the filesize jumped to over 51 MB."

You probably saved the file in Uncompressed video format (In VIrtualDub, see "Compression" under the "Video" dropdown menu)...

Comment

• Zero-Point
        • Jan 2003

UncasMS, I would like to fix the actual video, and I tried DivX Antifreeze with no luck.

setarip, I only used VirtualDub to view what frames were giving problems; I didn't save anything in VDub, only in AVI DeFreezer.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...