Problems with AVI file in both VirtualDub and TMPGEnc, please help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenshi_Cheonsa
    • Jan 2003

Problems with AVI file in both VirtualDub and TMPGEnc, please help!

Hello all,
    I'm a newbie but I'm used to converting AVI/DivX to VCD (MPEG-1) format, but now I have a problem with an avi file, in both TMPGEnc and VirtualDub. For some reason neither programs like opening this file, but Windows Media Player opens the file and it plays perfectly. Here are the details from properties if it should help in my explanation or with suggestions by anyone:

Audio Format: DivX WMA Audio V2, 64 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (for audio/video)

Video Format: 320 x 240, 74975 Frames, 25.000 Frames/Sec, 65 KB/Sec, Unknown Format

With VirtualDub, before I found out my version wouldn't take WMA files out to convert to WAV, I tried to open the video with VirtualDub and it said:

"Couldn't locate decompressor for format "DX50" unknown. VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable".

So for this file, I used another program to get the audio file out and convert it to WAV. Now I want to use TMPGEnc to make it MPEG-1 for VCD. So, I went into TMPGEnc and got ready to do this. I selected browse for video, and selected this avi file, but........this is the message I get:

File "D:\Meteor Garden 2 - Episode 01.avi" can not open or unsupported.

I read a previous post with this problem, and I could have sworn TMPGEnc let me select this file before and my TMPGEnc version is 2.59 (with the packet that was added supposedly) and I also have Nimo Codec Package installed. The person who posted before did not have the same version of TMPGEnc. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this file or with TMPGEnc? Why can't I open this file on TMPGEnc? Is there a way to fix it so I can make this into a VCD, either with TMPGEnc or another software? I'm at my wit's end with this file!!

Sorry for the long post, it's probably better to be as thorough as I can. Thanks in advance.....
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

Couldn't locate decompressor for format "DX50" unknown
    this means, DIVX 5 is not installed or not installed properly!

re-install divx 5!

Comment

• Tenshi_Cheonsa
      • Jan 2003

Yay!

Your were right! DivX 5 was damaged >_< Thank you so very much for your help!!! Man I feel stupid, I guess for every stupid question there's a simple answer, hehehehe! Thanks again! ^__^

Comment

Working...