Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike2003
    • Jun 2003

I have a few major brobbies! (4)

I wanna thank everyone who helps in advance!

* When I right-click a video file then click "Properties" there's a tab that has the "Windows Media Player 9" interface.
    It starts playing and when I "Cancel" the properties window, it continues to play without me being able to do anything about it (I even tried "task manager", couldn't find the process that handles it.
    What can I do to disable it?

* When I have one video file playing and I start another while the first one is still running, I get a greenish viewing with green stripes splashed all around the video...
    It wasn't always like that... What can I do?

* When I play "Windows Media Player 9" in full screen mode I don't have controls on my screen (Like the ones in "Windows Media Player 6.4").
    I can't always use WMP 6.4 (I like it much better than the other WMP's!) which leads me to another probbie:

* Not all videos can be played with WMP6.4 (They work with WMP 7 and WMP 9...)
    What can I do to make them all work with vr. 6.4?

And... How do I enable full screen controls in WMP9?

THANKS ALLLLLOT!!!!

Mike from Israel!
    Attached Files
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race (Michael Jackson, Heal the World, Dangerous)
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

What can I do to make them all work with vr. 6.4?
    almost every player should be able to handle any format as long as a proper playback filter is installed.

in your case i'd suggest you install latest FFDSHOW ALPHA (from may 23rd) and all files should run fine with wmp64.

ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and…

make sure to tick all codecs (except wmv1 - that doesnt work too well in my case) when installing ffdshow and being asked.

Comment

• mike2003
      • Jun 2003

Thanks alot! (Can anyone help me with the other questions?)

Thank you!
      That definately did the trick!
      Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race (Michael Jackson, Heal the World, Dangerous)

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

Can anyone help me with the other questions?)

which one?

copy the link in here

Comment

• mike2003
          • Jun 2003

Look above...

Which one?
          I wrote four questions, you answered only one.

See the main message in this thread.
          THANKS!

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i'm sorry

i thought of different postings.

since i'm no friend of wmp later 6.4 i have no experience with wmp9.

Comment

• mike2003
              • Jun 2003

Ok... Thanks anyway

Thanks...

Comment

Working...