• Show
Clear All
  • SpikeSpiegel
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

Change header mp3->wav /audio-video interleaving

Hi to everyone!

Does exist a program to change the header from mp3(CBR) to wav?
    The problem is this:
    If I wanna mux a mp3 track with an avi file I could use VirtualDubMod or Nandub, but this way there's no audio-video interleaving, so when I seek the file with The Playa there's a great async (...I already know that it doesn't happen with WindowsMP)
    I even tryed to extract (with direct stream copy) the track (of the file avi+mp3 created with VDMod) to wav and then mux it with Virtual Dub, but nothing changed.
    The only way is to recompress the track with VirtualDub, but it's a loss of time
    If THAT program doesn't exist, is there any way to mux avi&mp3 with no async?

P.s. please don't tell me to rename the file with wav extention...
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe a tool like SYNCHRONIZER (or similar programs) can fix the delay!?

make a copy of your original file BEFORE trying to fix it, pls!

Comment

• The Edge
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jan 2003

Download Wavemp3 1.2

Bren
      "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2003

@ The Edge
        I just tested that program and...now I owe you 45 minutes of my time per each divX i'm gonna do!
        Thanks, it's exactly what I was searching for!

@ UncasMS
        -make a copy of your original file BEFORE trying to fix it, pls!-
        Understood, u couldn't be more explicit
        I used one of those programs and I think that a virus can make less damage!
        I already posted something about every kind of async (constant and variable, using mp3VBR etc.), so both of us should know that the only way to fix it is:
        TIME and PATIENCE, VERY MUCH PATIENCE!

P.s. Now I'm using DVX & VirtualDub 1.5.4 (separately) for video and Xmpeg RC2 to extract&compress to mp3, that's why I had that problem
        Try to convert a vob file to divX with XmpegRC2 and then let me know if u find something strange about codec used and resize method (VirtualDub may help)

Comment

Working...