Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • romulus-v
    • May 2003

DVX audio&chapters problems

The first 2 attempts to use DVX were real successes, with excellent results (PAL DVD's).
    The last one, however, is a NTSC DVD rip and the resulted audio has very low volume.

I use DVX 3.037b, downloaded in a SysPack, with VirtualDubMod 1.5.1.0.

I mux the video and the audio during the processing done by DVX, in accordance to UncasMS' guide.
    I tried to fix the volume with VirtualDubMod 1.4.13 but I get a lot of errors and no result.

Also, it is not very clear to me how do I insert chapter information in an ogm. UncasMS' guide says that he uses ChapterXtractor, but there would be needed an *.avi not an *.ogm and still, how do I mux the text file with the ogm? Also, among the files created during the DVX processes, I do not have a "second pass...avi" as in the guide, but only a "first pass...avi" (maybe it doesn't really matter). I have only a "second pass...vcf" file.

Thank you
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

hi romulus-v

first of all: a difference in your volume can NOT be due to pal vs ntsc.

the soundvolume of the latest dvd might be different or you may have used a different setting for the audio conversion.

concerning audio creation:

i let DVX create an AVI file first.
    if you want to have dvx take care of the sound conversion into ogg that's fine.

i create the sound files separately with besweet/gui after dvx has created the avi.

now for chapters:
    if you create the avi with dvx and the ogg stream(s) afterwards with besweet/gui (here's
    my besweet guide ) you could as a next step create the chapters and finally mux video, audio and chapters.

Comment

Working...