• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

Joining Clips With FlaskMPEG?

Hello, does anyone know if you can Join Clips together in FlaskMPEG like you can (Append in Virtual dub) in Virtual Dub?

Because that would save me tons of time. See, first I rip, some files, then cut parts with mpeg2cut, so I have a bunch of vob's that I would just like to join together, so I don't have to keep encoding each one to DivX.
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

in order to load consecutive files into flask search for a plugin called *thunder.mism* or similar

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Hello, does anyone know if you can Join Clips together in FlaskMPEG like you can (Append in Virtual dub) in Virtual Dub?"

"See, first I rip, some files, then cut parts with mpeg2cut, so I have a bunch of vob's that I would just like to join together"

No, because they are not sequential .VOBs from a single DVD. You could, however, attempt to use MPEGMediator to load your homebrewn .VOBs, but (and this is a BIG "but") unless each of these .VOBs is IDENTICAL regarding both video and audio formats, chances are it will fail...

Comment

• vic_vega
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • May 2003

Ok, well, here are my results... I got that Plugin Uncas, and it worked, but when it got to the second clip, it got F-ed up, and the video froze, and only the sound continued.

I also tried other versions of Flask to see if it would work, and nope.

Ok, seta, yeah, they are from the same DVD, see, if there is like a movie, and it has some clips that I want, but they aren't all in succesion, I want to edit them together to make one file.

And sometimes, I just don't understand it, I will rip the ones I want, then edit them with MPEG2CUT, then convert to divx. (then I want to edit them together to make a final clip)

Or what I could do, is: Cut them, edit them, convert to Uncompressed .AVI, then append them in Virtual Dub, then finally convert to whatever codec I want.... But it's just that I would rather deal with smallest sized files as possible.

Because whenever I try my first method, Virtual Dub always complains about "How the audio dosn't match" but in all reality, they do, because I cut them the SAME exact way. That is quite an enigma of Digital Video.....

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

It seems to me that we've discussed your difficulties with clips made using MPEG2CUT.EXE previously - and I suggested that you try using DVDShrink instead, to yield greater compatibility...

Comment

• vic_vega
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • May 2003

Oh, I dont remember,

I think the last time I looked at DVD Shrink's page to check out it's features, and it was just for copying dvd to dvd. But I will check it out again....

Comment

• vic_vega
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • May 2003

Comment

• shiny#3
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jul 2003

once you have ripped your DVD to hard disk....
                  use DVD2avi to rip parts out of your dvd (select the parts with the slider and start and end brackets) and convert them to
                  divx. and then join them with virtualdub or nandub or virtualdub mod.

Comment

• vic_vega
                    Platinum Member
                    Platinum Member
                    • May 2003

Ok, shiny, I tried it, and the it rips the audio seperately, and I don't know how to connect the two after....

Comment

• vic_vega
                      Platinum Member
                      Platinum Member
                      • May 2003

Alright, well, I have figured out a new method:

First, I rip what I want (what chapters) then I cut what I want from those chapters, then, I convert with Flask to DivX, and since my biggest problem is with Virtual Dub not wanting to combine Clips "because alledgedly the audio didn't match" when I convert to DivX, I just use Uncompressed audio.

Then once I have all the Clips I want to edit together, (in DivX format with Uncompressed Audio) I append (add all of them together) in Virtual Dub, and then encode with what DivX video, and what audio compression I want, and everything works out fine, and Virtal Dub dosn't complain. (it cant because all of the audio IS the same now)

Comment

Working...