• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpikeSpiegel
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2003

DVX & SmartRipper, the best choice

Why does DVX use DVDDecrypter and not Smart Ripper?

Smart Ripper 2.41 creates a .d2v file (in addition to .ifo, .idx, .lst and INFO files....and it doesn't affect speed), so there's no need to waste time using DVD2AVI!

I always use SmartRipper2.41+DVX+VirtualDub1.5.4 (sometimes +Xmpeg5.0+wavmp3 for audio...it's more fast and precise) separately and I never had "interlacing" problems.
    I don't know how does it work with videos with strange frame rate (I handle only PAL movies), but I think it's the best choice for "normal" movies.

If u don't believe me, do some tests and let me know what do u think about it!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

Smart Ripper 2.41 creates a .d2v file (in addition to .ifo, .idx, .lst and INFO files....and it doesn't affect speed), so there's no need to waste time using DVD2AVI!
    first of all: DONT use those d2v files, they are not always errorfree!

it is a known bug in sr .241 that has never been fixed

as it is no big deal using dvd2avi or settigns up dvd2avi with different options i dont even care if this d2v file smartripper produces is corrupt or not: i simply create a proper one via dvd2avi

secondly dvddecrypter is being used in DVX as it can be controlled via commandline.

and dont get me wrong: i use smartripper 2.41 in 99%

Comment

• SpikeSpiegel
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2003

Bugs?
      I never had any speed/video quality/frame rate problem (neither ripping single chapters), but as first as possible I'll do some tests with NTSC DVDs, thanks for the advice!

The only reason why I use SR's d2v file is to save those 20-30 minutes that DVD2AVI takes to create the file
      Obviously, if u gotta extract the ac3 track, this is not "the best choice", but as I said I use another program to encode audio directly from the vob file

P.S. What do you think about DivX5.1?
      I did some testing and I found out that:

Comment

Working...