Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shinma
    • Nov 2003

Tsunami Filterpack 3.9.9 freezing computer

after I instaled the tsunami pack I had to uninstall it do to programs such as AIM having sound problems and the ocasional freeze. But after I uninstaled it the freezing has happened more often. So when I uninstaled it I have been having problems with first logging into windows and playing games such as Raven Shield.

With the log in what happens is that after I get to my desktop it will flicker a few times like it is changing my resolution they stay blank and then it will freeze my computer up and my monitor light shows that it is in standby mode. This happens about half the time.

Then while I am playing raven shield I can get into multiplayer games but when a round ends/starts/map change my screen will flicker like the resolution is changing and then it will freeze right there, and if I have any sound happening it will repeat less then a seconds worth over and over. This happens every time.

When I tryed to do a system restore to befor I instaled the Tsunami filter pack it has the same problem right after the log in every time, so I had to go into safe mode and undo the restore.

So I was hoping to keep the filter pack since I need some of the stuff(I dont know what) in it to view some of the anime that I have on my computer. So if anyone can help me I would apriciate very much.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe reinstalling your vga, sound, direct-x and game AFTER 3.9.9 might help

i have never had any problems with 3.9.9

Comment

• Shinma
      • Nov 2003

Yeah I forgot to add this, But I have redone so far my vga, direct-x and game so I guess I can try sound. Also could it just be that the filter pack just has problems with a processor with hyper threading? The reason that I say that is because I have already encountered a version of direct-x that has a problem with my computer.

Also UncasMS I got this from your site and one thing I noticed is that for your english part when you go to the download page you just have it in german.
      Last edited by Shinma; 7 Nov 2003, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Shinma
        • Nov 2003

I have just reinstaled all of them over again and it still is having this problem. So I tryed to do a scan with my win cd and this is what came up:

Setup cannot upgrade due to third-party kernel.
        ==============================================

Windows has detected that one or more protected core system files (kernel) on your computer have been modified. The Service Pack contains updated versions of those files, which work to provide a stable environment for your programs. Due to this modification, the Service Pack will not be installed. For more information, see Knowledge Base article Q327516 at http://support.microsoft.com.

So looking at that and the problem that I have will I have to reformat my computer since the cd seems to not want to fix the problem?

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

since the filterpack can be completely removed i see no reason why any m$ stuff should not be able to install itself.

are you sure this problem of yours is directly related to the filterpack and not for example direct-x?

sorry, actually i wouldnt know any good advice to solve your problem.

Comment

• Shinma
            • Nov 2003

When I instaled it the first time it told me that it changed something in the core files for windows. And ever since I put it on my computer I have been having some sort of problem. I have not instaled anything else on my computer and I did a virus cheak and never found anything. When I was talking to one of my friends about this he said that when he had it on him computer it would get rid of sound for some of his games.

Comment

Working...