Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blyzzard
    • Jan 2002

FlasKMpeg

I have a beeeg problem, i got many .vob's, the dvd's not in the country anymore, and i can't get my FlasKMpeg (0594) to encode them all into one DiVX (.avi)

the .ifo loads fine, lets me select the audio track and subtitles, but then it tells me that there was a problem parsing the ifo file...

all help will be appreciated

tahnks

Blyzz
    (i like those smilies)

blyzz@tripwyre.za.net
    Last edited by Blyzzard; 25 Jan 2002, 10:06 AM.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

For ifo parsing I recommend using flask0.6 with the subtitlesfix.
    But I doubt this will solve all ur problems.

You might also try loading the ifo file in ifo-edit and click 'Set VTS sector', I have no clue if this will work, make sure to make a copy of the ifo file before you do this.

I would like to know if you have any success with this.

Another option would be to not to do ifo parsing and simply open the first vob file.
    Unfortunatly you can't get the subtitles encoded directly in the avi file this way.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Blyzzard
      • Jan 2002

no you see, i need to have ONE DiVX movie when i'm finished encoding all the seperate .VOBs,

still, i'll give it a shot... if i haven't found an IFO editor when i come back here, would you mind telling me where i can get one?

url ?

shot

Blyzz

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

I'm guessing that you've ripped some multiangle films without the multiple angles, which kills the ability to seek parts of the files (since they're no longer there). You could try using Flask to "Open Files" rather than "Open DVD" - and select the first VOB of the DVD sequence. Flask should join the VOBs consecutively (internally only, not on your drive) and allow you to convert to one .AVI. Be awrae that you run the risk (not always) of having languages change from one VOB to another.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Blyzzard
          • Jan 2002

it's MEANT to do that (if you add thunder.mism) but it isn't... so that's really wierd...

any other sugestions?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

I guess you're not understanding, so I'll try again.

Once you've eliminated multiple angles from a DVD rip, the .IFO files can no longer be used when converting, using Flask with the Thunder.mism or anything else!

Once you've eliminated multiple angles from a DVD rip, if you want to use Flask (Thunder.mism is now IRRELEVANT), you should select "Open File" and NOT "Open DVD"...

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

(Thunder.mism is now IRRELEVANT),
              This is not entirely accurate, the standard verson of flask0.6 will not load vob chains, only single vobfiles.
              The thunder.mism pugin is supposed to solve this also, another solution would be to install the subtitles fix which will also load vob chains just fine, or go back to version 0.594.
              Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To khp

I was under the impression that the "Thunder.mism" was only needed to allow Flask 0.6 to read .IFO files and therby load the entire movie - didn't know it otherwise also wouldn't automatically load sequential .VOBs when you selected "Load File". That's probably why I've stuck with v.0.594PX3...

Thanks for helping me fulfill today's quota of "learning something new every day" ;>}

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

Re: To khp

Originally posted by setarip
                  it otherwise also wouldn't automatically load sequential .VOBs
                  afaik alberto vigata disbled ifo parsing due to legal issues.

Comment

• Blyzzard
                    • Jan 2002

--->setarip<----
                    could you please send me a copy of your version of flask...
                    v.0.594PX3
                    i would really appreciate it, my mail address is up at the top

Blyzz

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

Take your choice from the following results of a Google search:

Comment

Working...