Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrazyyEd
    • Feb 2002

Cannot create Log file problem with both Flask and XMpeg

I was all excited when I first read about Divx but I've just about given up. I've only converted two file successfully, the rest of the time I've gotten an error "cannot create log file". I've got divx 3.x and 4.12 installed. I've tried conversion both with the newer flask mpeg version and also XMpeg and both give the same error. I've had this problem in three different windows installations (reinstalled the first time to fix this and other problems, then built new machine with a fresh install only to get the error again...running Win98SE). The thing I was thinking of trying was just to do single pass encoding but that kinda defeats the purpose. My main use of this will be to record TV shows with my ATI All In Wonder Radeon and then shrink the size with Divx. I have converted some of a VOB file from a DVD and that worked the first time and I've converted one of my captured MPEG 2 files that I caught with the All In Wonder. Those are my two successes, but I tried to do the same thing again with no luck, even using the exact same files, and all I get is "cannot create log file". Ughhh, this is so much work.

Another problem I'm having is with some .avi files downloaded from Kazaa not playing sound. I learned from this forum to use Virtualdub to look at the file information and on the ones that won't play the audio codec shows as unknown (tag 0161). I assume that I don't have the codec installed. It must be a common one, because I have other .avi's that wont play sound. Is there somethink like an all inclusive package that has different audio codecs in it? Or does that code 0161 mean anything?

Thanks all...I can tell this part of my computer hobby is going to demand perserverence.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Is there somethink like an all inclusive package that has different audio codecs in it?
    Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

The Nimo and Tsunami Codec pack can answer your question.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

a link to tsunamis latest filterpack 3.9.3 can be found on my page

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

That's interesting.

Say, I have all the necessary codecs I need for now (3.11a, LAME, 4.12 and a few others I can't recall). Is there any specific need to use Tsunami or Nimo? It seems that it contains too many of what I won't probably need.

Comment

• CrazyyEd
          • Feb 2002

Solved the sound issue, now just have to figure out the log file problem

Thanks guys! The Tsunmami and that other pack have fixed the problem with no sound in a few of the videos that I've download.

Now if I can just figure out the log file problem.

Comment

Working...