Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverwolf0
    • Jun 2002

virtualdub audio sych probs

I appended two divx files into one big one and I didn't notice any problems until the audio got out of synch right at the part where the second file starts playing. Its noticeable and the audio seems to be around half a second early. Is there a way I can append the files again without such a problem?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

instead of virtualdub give NANDUB a try for merging your files!

Comment

• silverwolf0
      • Jun 2002

I will! I think it has something to do with virtualdub not being able to handle vbr audio files. When it says 0-bit, does that mean its variable?

Comment

• silverwolf0
        • Jun 2002

BTW can anyone give me a working link of the current version of nandub? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"When it says 0-bit, does that mean its variable?"

No. Load the file into VirtualDub. Under the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information". If the audio is MPEG3 and if the number of audiostream frames is significantly higher (approaching double) than the number of videostream frames, then the audio is MPEG3 VBR. If the number of frames of audio is equal to or less than the number of video frames, it's CBR.

To rectifiy your problem,

1) Load the SECOND file into VirtualDub

2) Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying"

3) From the "Audiop" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" - and adjust ONLY the "audio skew" appropriately (This make take some experimentation to get it "just right". Try 300 [positive] initially)

4) Save with a NEW filename (Note: If you play this new file by itself, it will be out of synch - but not to worry).

5) Close and then restart VirtualDub (to reset it to its default settings)

6) Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying"

7) Load your original first part

8) Append your NEW second part

9) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• silverwolf0
            • Jun 2002

Thanks a lot setarip! I was hoping there was a more definite way to do it but it seems this is my only other option. I tried nandub but it did the same thing. Anyway, thx alot!

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I was hoping there was a more definite way to do it"

I don't understand - what could be more definite than, essentially, "Make a minor adjustment to the synchronization of the second file"?

Comment

• silverwolf0
                • Jun 2002

Due to me being human and also having bad perception in many senses, I cannot be perfect and that twitches in my mind like a nagging fly. This happens with thingsl like adjusting brightness, contrast, timing, other stuff. I am really picky and once I am satisfied I start doubting myself again. Its a phobia I can't cure and I'm sorry if my language was a little awkward. I may set it to be lets say 500 ms....but there is always the possibility that the true offset is 503ms....then I go paranoid.

Comment

Working...