Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHADO\\'
    • Jul 2002

AutoDivx5 or SBC

Being a SBC type I've recently been playing around with XViD and Divx 5 Pro just to see what they're made of and comparing the three, I recently ran across a little proggie called AutoDivx5. Still in its infancy with a couple minor bugs to work out but it does make life a whole lot easier, even more that G-knot. I was a little impressed. Heh
    I can see what all the fuss has been about with Divx5 and Xvid. Although I still prefer SBC with Nandub and I can get better quality, it's not that noticeable anymore heh, and if I were a newbie, divx 5 and Xvid with programs such as G-knot and AutoDivx, would be quite tempting other than hundreds of hours of headache and what if's trying to figure out SBC.
    I read a lot of arguing in forums about which is better, blah blah. It does'nt really matter. Technology WILL catch up with SBC like it or not, and the way I see it is anyone using Divx, whether it be FLASK to Nandub SBC ["super encoder of the year attitude guys"]
    heh, it helps out the cause. It's a fun little hobby, nothing more or less for some of us.
  • llemor
    • May 2002

Hi,

Thanks for trying to use AutoDivX5.

It's nice to mention a little bug you have encontered when using the software so that I can fix it.

I appreciate any suggestions to improve my program.

Btw, the latest update is AutoDivX5 v1.1.1

Cheers!

Comment

• SHADO\\'
      • Jul 2002

Hi Llemor,
      Sorry if I didn't mention any bugs but I didn't know you frequent this forum since I rarely do myself. (I never cared much for forums, and never had many problems to have to read in forums, but anyway) By now you have fixed most bugs with your updates and although I haven't used your program lately the last time I did almost all went smooth. The only problem I've had of late is accessing your download section at your site to download your latest update. Anyway I like what you've done and keep up the good work. Your a few steps ahead of TheWef by being able to use all Divx 5 Pro features, and the latest addition of OggMux. I like the bigger resize window as well. Autodub which is basically a hack of your source is too buggy for me. I do like what he's done with being able to use nandub SBC encoding. Oh one bug i noticed in your last release was avi split would not work properly, and if i enabled the delete intermediate avi files my final movie would get deleted as well and I would have to restore it from the recycle bin sometimes. I noticed this only on two disk rips. I was wondering if you could just write a script for Virtualdub to split the final avi? Anyway it's good to see that you check the forums and care what people have to say about your work... Keep it up... Thanx BTW I'm running Win XP with SP1 if it helps you figure out the why's.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Divx 5 is a very good codec and easier to use. I like some xvid movies I have seen, xvid is "more" customizable. However, I wouldn't discount SBC just yet

Autodivx looks very good. I'll have to look into it.

Comment

• vdn20
          • Aug 2003

Can one of tell me where I can download the SBC codec?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

there is no sbc codec

use ms mpeg-4 v2 or divx3

Comment

• vdn20
              • Aug 2003

ok, thanks

Comment

Working...