Comment

• ElBoricua433
          • Apr 2005

it looks alright, I haven't tested on a Standalone DVD Player Yet

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

I never got around to getting the free one, but you guys convinced me to and I got in under the wire thanks to Taelon and got V1.01 today.
            I see that avisynth has to be installed, how about the other 2 boxes during the initial install, the associations for notepad and media player 6.4? I was trying to follow the posting but not having it I was lost. Now that it is the final release what are the best things to do during the install and other things to get. I know I should tried it earlier but I'm an old dog and new tricks scare me, but I finally got it.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

the associations for notepad and media player 6.4?
              dont be scared ^_~

let rebuilder make this setting or refuse it - it doesnt matter

the AVS is the AVisynthScript, which is a textfile (thus the association with an editor like notepad because user might want to edit the avs) that controls the segment encoding

having avs associated with notepad can be useful for those people who very often edit the sript themselves - if you dont,.....

associating an avs with media player is common, too, because media player can use this script and play the content that is defined inside this script with whatever options the script defines - e.g. filters

in other words: playing an avs via media player can be some sort of a PREVIEW for whatever options are used

you could use any such association but you most definitely dont have to - it's optional

Comment

• jm1647
                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
                dont be scared ^_~
                Mrs. Cause has all the Halloween decorations up already and the cackling witches, booing ghosts, moaning ghouls etc. always do.

Thanks for the explanation, I have it installed now and it is time to use it. I'll reread all the posts again to catch up. New tricks are always nice once you learn them.

Comment

Working...