Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinook9
    • Jul 2006

Filter Related Question??

I was in a hurry last night and ran a DVD TSVIDEO file through Rebuilder. The filter editor was set to run both FluxSmooth and Asharp. As it turned out, (I had forgotten this) the movie was small enough to fit on a DVD-5 and so Rebuilder did not reencode it. Would Rebuilder have done anything using FluxSmooth and Asharp or would these have been ignored because no reencoding took place? There were no error messages?

If not, is there any relatively easy way to run a video of this size through the FluxSmooth and Asharp filters?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you dont use the PRO version or do you?

Comment

• chinook9
      • Jul 2006

No, this is using the freeware version.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

I know Rebuilder Pro has force reencoding(for filters)
        I am not sure about the free version

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by BR7
          I know Rebuilder Pro has force reencoding(for filters)
          I am not sure about the free version
          that's what i was driving at

the PRO version will let you do so, the freeware wont

Comment

• chinook9
            • Jul 2006

Thank you for the input. I have been considering the pro version. Right now I am experimenting with the various DVD back-up software (and filters) available to determine if any of it really stands out as being superior.

Thanks again.

For those of you who might read this, I would also like to thank all the software developers, and those who write the guides. They provide a tremendous service to those of us who don't have the time or the ability to do it....Just realized I should take the time and effort to reward these folks financially. I will do that.

I also appreciate the efforts of the forum administrators who spend a great deal of time managing the forums and answering the various questions posed.

Comment

• jdobbs
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Sep 2004

I think I'm a little confused by this thread... the freeware version should go ahead and encode anyway... all you have to do is say "Yes" when it says "Continue Anyway?" -- it doesn't have the feature included that looks at individual cells during encode to see if they need reencoding -- so the "Force Reencoding" is always the case.

Comment

• chinook9
                • Jul 2006

You should know! I will try it again and let you know what happens.

Comment

• chinook9
                  • Jul 2006

I ran another short video through Rebuilder 0.97 with both FluxSmooth and Asharp in the filter editor. It worked just as it should have. When the box popped up indicating encoding was not necessary, I just clicked on the "Continue Anyway" button and she went ahead and did the encoding. The "encoding" was very fast (33 minutes) and everything was completed with no problem.

I must have missed something the first time I tried it or just messed something up.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Working...