Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac53
    Banned
    • Feb 2006

LT... I searched the forum for answer to a question I'm about to ask you!
    Either I don't know the right key words or maybe what I'm trying to do...
    no one does! I have an Avi file that needs to be joined... but before I join these files I want to change them over from PAL to NTSC. Here are the stats
    on this file:

File : 99 MB (99 MB), duration: 0:14:12, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 61 %
    Video : 80 MB, 789 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 704*576 (4:3), DX50 = DivXNetworks Divx v5, Supported
    Audio : 19.50 MB, 192 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

I'm trying to use VirtualDub, but the file get so big that it's ridiculas...

Appreciate any assist you may add....

Thanks

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

the file info you posted is NTSC

23.976 fps
      anyway for PAL to NTSC forget virtualdub. use the guide i made in the FAQ/guides section of the TMPGEnc forum. the joining will be accomplised at the authoring stage. painless and properly with NO SYNC ISSUES.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• mac53
        Banned
        • Feb 2006

LT...

I have a seven clip full length avi movie I'm putting together before processing it through TMPGEnc. I use "VirtualDub" to perform the "appending" operations. When I opened the first file [Avi] with VirtualDub I received this notification:

[[!] AVI: Variable bitrate (VBR) audio detected. VBR audio in AVI is
        non-standard and you may encounter sync errors up to 1031ms when
        attempting to extract WAV files or processing the audio in Direct Stream
        Copy mode. Full Processing mode is recommended to decompress or recompress
        the audio. (bitrate: 119.7 ± 11.5 kbps)]

After receiving this I opened up AVIcodec to check the stats on the file and this is the information I received:

[ File : 96 MB (96 MB), duration: 0:10:48, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 60 %
        Video : 87 MB, 1128 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 576*432 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
        Audio : 9.24 MB, 119 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported]

After following the instruction outlined in red, I ran the converted file through "Avicodec" again and this is the report I received:

[ File : 205 MB (205 MB), duration: 0:10:48, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s), quality: 76 %
        Video : 87 MB, 1127 Kbps, 29.970 fps, 576*432 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
        Audio : 118 MB, 1536 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x1 = PCM, Supported]
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------

PCM is the uncompressed format of an audio file... Is there anything you can advise me to do to recompress the files to the proper format so I can run it through "TMPGEnc" for a dvd mpg? Any assistance at all will be appreciated!

Thanks.......

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

I have a seven clip full length avi movie I'm putting together before processing it through TMPGEnc. I use "VirtualDub" to perform the "appending" operations. When I opened the first file [Avi] with VirtualDub I received this notification:
          i said forget this. run all files through TMPGEnc plus, you will join them at the authoring stage. what you are attempting is a ridiculous amount of work which will lead to sync issues almost certainly.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• mac53
            Banned
            • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
            i said forget this. run all files through TMPGEnc plus, you will join them at the authoring stage. what you are attempting is a ridiculous amount of work which will lead to sync issues almost certainly.
            you may have DVDAuthor my friend, but I don't and can't afford it... and what may be ridiculous
            to you, isn't to me... you've got experience at this ****... I don't!!!

You don't have to concern yourself with me coming back here for information anymore...
            You can take your L.A. attitude and stick it!!!
            Last edited by mac53; 11 Aug 2006, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

i wasn't giving you any "attitude". I have been trying to help you for 2 pages now and also helped you get past the error. If you don’t have the authoring program you can’t do what you want, but it does have a trial period. another option is a freeware authoring program.

drop the wiseguy routine, you misinterpreted my post. i realize you are new and i'm still here helping you.
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• mac53
                Banned
                • Feb 2006

There's no "wiseguy routine" here LT... maybe I'm posting off-thread!!! If this is the case, then please tell me.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

no, it's ok. a lot can be done in 30 days. let me know if you wish to continue, i'll help you best i can.
                  Last edited by LT. Columbo; 12 Aug 2006, 05:03 PM.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• mac53
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2006

Thanks, LT....

Ok... I'm ready to get started. I have a ton of MPEG's I made from the TMPGEnc's software.... now how do I create the DVD structure for each one of them?

Ok... I had a look at this post where this person said:

Hi. I have used some kinds of DVD authoring to make DVD using MPEG files. I prefer TMPGEnc DVD Authoring and Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD. They are easy to learn and useful. But the MPEG Video Wizard DVD is more suitable for me, because it can edit the MPEG fils on timeline.

Wish to help you.
                    -Nightcat

Give me your professional or personal opinion about this. I guess I'm going to have to spring for some software, so which one do you recommend?
                    Last edited by mac53; 27 Aug 2006, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

TMPGEnc dvd author is my choice. you made mpeg-2 files from TMPGEnc Plus using the wizard, yes?

if done right, authoring will be a breeze.
                      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 27 Aug 2006, 06:31 PM.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• mac53
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2006

yes sir... the mpeg-2 files as been made using the wizard! Actually I have about 5 more to do, then I'm finished with the recoding...

Will the TMPEG DVD Author allow me to incorporate external filters during the editing process? Or do I have to run the VirtualDubMod with Avisynth to get the file where I want it before I recode it with TMPEGnc, then edit it with the Authoring software? Do I have this procedure correct?
                        Last edited by mac53; 28 Aug 2006, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Or do I have to run the VirtualDubMod with Avisynth to get the file where I want it before I recode it with TMPEGnc, then edit it with the Authoring software?
                          nope, it's all automatic. basicly all it will be doing is changing from mpeg-2 to dvd (ifo, bup, vob). nothin to it.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• mac53
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2006

Doesn't NeroVision Express do that?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

yes. but i can't help you with that. i may smoke cheap cigars but i use quality tools for making dvd's.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• NightTran
                                King of Digital Video
                                King of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

, I think that is why you hate scanning, because it is nero scanning ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...