Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac53
    Banned
    • Feb 2006

Well... I now have you in my corner!!! Cause I'm going to need all the help I can get... seriously! Lt... I do have one qustion about the TMPGEnc Plus though. When recoding files for preparation to have burnt to DVD, isn't it better to recode the video and audio files seperately? PCM Wav for instance?
    I was reading in the "Advanced Guide", that it's recommended to do this! What's your opinion?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

IMO it's a bunch of malarky. i encode with combined, because i usually use ac3 audio when i author anyway. the main point is to use the wav to encode and "measure" audio sync. thats my system anyway
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• mac53
        Banned
        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
        IMO it's a bunch of malarky. i encode with combined, because i usually use ac3 audio when i author anyway. the main point is to use the wav to encode and "measure" audio sync. thats my system anyway
        So, in other words, you're saying not to seperate the files then, only if I need to reset the audio sync, correct? Because other than that, sounds like you have a pretty good sysytem, then!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by mac53
          So, in other words, you're saying not to seperate the files then, only if I need to reset the audio sync, correct? Because other than that, sounds like you have a pretty good sysytem, then!
          thats right. if i had previously demuxed an ac3 audio stream i will use it later when i author. i only seperate (de-multiplex) when i convert PAL>NTSC (.m2v & .mp2)
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• mac53
            Banned
            • Feb 2006

Gotcha...

The other day when I was recoding a file, in the Settings "Advanced" tab, I tried to use a couple of the options, "noise and ghost reduction" and "sharpen edge" and got an error. The file I was recoding really needed these functions! Is there anything you can inform me to do in order to rectify this issue?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

which error exactly? directshow reader raised?
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• mac53
                Banned
                • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                which error exactly? directshow reader raised?
                I'm not sure! Simply because I was attempting to use three of them! I just left that file alone and went on with another one. It's really hard to tell which one it was, LT! Any suggestions on how I can find out?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

i can't do squat unless i have the error exactly. raise directshow and continue.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• mac53
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2006

LT... Here's a good one for you... After discussing the issue of the error last night, I went ahead and retried the file that gave me the error with TMPEG the first time. This time I used the same advanced settings as stated above, but received no errors. I checked the "Shut-down computer when complete" box. The following morning when I went to check for the file, the [MPEG-2] that was supposed to be made and it was nowhere to be found! I ran the system "search" , "files and folders" with advanced search "check hidden files and folders" and the "suppose to be" recoded file, was not found! I left my computer on for most of the night, letting TMPGEnc Plus do its thing, all for nothing! Talk about, mad!

Last edited by mac53; 29 Aug 2006, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

you should check the batch encode list to see if there is a blue check mark beside it. that will indicate it was done. it should have been saved in the same spot as the source file.

EDIT: just seen you were banned. must have been a bad boy. hope this helps future on-lookers.
                      Last edited by LT. Columbo; 30 Aug 2006, 09:45 AM.
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...