Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ColMaki
    • Apr 2002

Best Way to Burn multiple VCD's ?

I have a long movie that I converted from divx to mpg.
    The movie doesn't fit on one CD. is there a program that can create VCD images in a fixed size like 700MB that will fit a cd ?

if there is a program that can also burn them that would be very nice.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

This can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• ColMaki
      • Apr 2002

Thx Setarip for the quick answer.

I understand there is no automatic way to tell TMPGEnc to cut it for 700MB pieces and fit as much as video as a VCD can hold ?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

VCD's are time based (just like audio CDs) and not based on megabyte size. If you're using 74 minute/650 Meg CD-Rs, you can comfortably fit from 60 to 74 minutes on each CD-R. If you're using 80 minute/700 Meg CD-Rs, you can comfortably fit from 65 minutes to 80 minutes on each CD-R.

Comment

• nobilia28
          Suspended
          • Aug 2002

You can try WINRAR to rip it to cdr with the size you want .

Comment

• erandre
            • Feb 2002

What are you talking about "nobilia28"? Why are you mixing WinRAR into this? WinRAR doesn't have ANYTHING to do with video compression. (or have i missed something???)

Listen to "setarip", that is the best way to go

Comment

Working...