Nero demo version/Adaptec EZCD coexist in PC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • porterhr
    • Dec 2001

Nero demo version/Adaptec EZCD coexist in PC?

Hi All,
    I'm about try my first venture in creating VCD's. I have:

PIII800MHz
    85GB RAID two Maxtor HDD's
    Win98Me
    Matrox RT2000
    Adobe Premiere 6.0

I created a project. I want to convert the P6.0 project from avi to VCD.
    I've downloaded onto zip disk Nero demo, TMPGEnc, and Avisynth.
    I've read a bunch of posts on a bunch of forums, and it looks like it's easiest for me to use Avisynth to convert the avi to mpeg1, then use TMPGEnc to convert to VCD format, then use Nero to burn to CD.

Two questions:
    1. I use Adaptec EZCD Creator software (older version, not sure how old at the moment - came with CD-ROM drive 3 years ago) for everything else I do, and I want to use Nero to burn VCD. Can I load in Nero but leave Adaptec on PC too?
    2. Do I use CDR's or CDRW's, and does the color/mfgr really make a difference. Seems I read somewhere discussions on potential problems with media choices.

Thanks,
    Hal
  • Simon T
    • Nov 2001

Nero + Adaptec

Nero works fine with Easy CD Creator, but his Nero and Direct CD hates each other. There's a 50% that if you have both installed, you get a blue screen when you start up. Sometimes nothing can happen for a week and then in a moment: Direct CD is gone. Strange...

I don't know about the media, I've heard alos some complains but I use very cheap CD-R's and they work fine on my standalone-player. Just try it!

Good luck!
    Still standing... ...also after the forumcrash )

Comment

Working...