X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fracmo2000
    • Apr 2002

Help! can't make copy of my SVCD - error

Hi,

I always have problems copying my SVCDs. I normally download a bin and que file, make the SVCD ok, but if I want to make a copy later, I get message illegal track or file or something like that.

I've tried with nero, CloneCD, CDRwin, but all attempts fail. is there a way to copy without this error? I think it may be in the settings before burning, but can't figure out what it is. normal VCDs and data CDs are ok.

Has anyone experience this before? any help would be appreciated.

fracmo2000
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try using NERO to first copy the SVCD to your hard drive (set NERO's CD burner selection to "Virtual Drive". If you successfully copy it to your hard drive, then reset NERO's CD burner selection to your real CD burner and select "Burn Image".

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• fracmo2000
      • Apr 2002

hi setarip,

thanks for your feedback. in fact i had tried to do what you suggested, before i read your reply. and it worked!

Here's what I did.....

i used CDRwin

1. use function "Extract Disk/Track/Sector"
      2. Extract Mode: Disc Image/Cuesheet
      3. select the CD reader
      4. chose Image filename and location
      5. click on TOC to bing up both the bin and que files in the Track Seletion graphical area. (green)
      6. Start.

you may need to close the "Extract Disk/Tracks/Sectors to Image File" window between each disk you want to extract, or it doesn't recognise the new disk properly. You may need to repeat steps 1 to 5 just to recognise both the bin and que files, just click the TOC button more than once. I think the files on the CD are difficult for the reader to read easily.

anyway, that's how i managed to copy my SVCDs. I had 6 to do, and they all worked using this method. just in case other had same problem.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"hi setarip,

thanks for your feedback. in fact i had tried to do what you suggested, before i read your reply. and it worked!"

Glad to hear it ;>}

Comment

Working...