Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • splarp
    • Aug 2002

multiplexing sound problem

Hi. Very new to all this and have been reading about, and trying, various progs to see where I get the best DvD to Vcd results with my system. Smartripper 2.41 seems to give me the best rips but I am still trying to get the hang of graphedit. : ) I have also had a couple of fairly good results with the CladDvD XP 1.3, until now.

I used CladXP to rip 'Spartacus' and have all the vob files and AC3 2ch. However, when using TMPGenc to multiplex them I am ending up with no sound. I am not doing anything different to how I have achieved the other successful results and have tried a number of different setting variables but still get the same result. I have burnt a section or two to cd/rw and played in the standalone dvd. Picture is ok but definitely no sound. I have trawled the forums here to see if it has occurred for anyone else but can't seem to find the right answer. Can anyone throw some light on this for me, please. It is frustrating.
    Many thanks,
    splarp
  • splarp
    • Aug 2002

additional info

Some additional info that may trigger a response from someone that knows more than I do.

One thing I have noticed with this problem is that when I have taken a short section of the rip and convert using TMPGenc. Just after the conversion finishes, I get the thunderclap of the Soundblaster Live Value I have as in when the machine is normally booting up. I am wondering if there is some type of code in the DvD rip that may be killing the sound card deliberatedly when trying to convert it? If I play it off my hdd through the ATI Radeon 8500 the sound is there and perfectly synched. Media player will play the S\trk by itself. But convert it...and no sound.

I have noticed other folk have similar probs in a couple of the other forums but no concrete answers. As I said, I am new to this and would appreciate any suggestions. I am just realising I may have this in the wrong forum. Should be Converting\Encoding vcd. Sorry.
    tia,
    splarp

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2002

Try this

If youre rippig directly from a DVD,then try this way. Make sure you have TMPGEnc installed, and then install DVD2SVCD. ( Its free ) put the dvd in your drive, and start DVD2SVCD. you can choose whether you want VCD or SVCD. Then just push encode. You will end up with a Perfect VCD or SVCD in two .bin files. Dependig on the speed of your system, it might take a while. I use an AMD 1800 XP with 512 megs of ram,and it takes me from 8-9 hours. But the Quality cannot be beat..If it can, I'd love to hear by what....
      AMD 2800 Barth
      1024 Gig DDR Ram
      NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
      Onboard sound
      2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
      lite-On LTR 16102 B
      lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• splarp
        • Aug 2002

Thanks for the suggestion, CP. Unfortunately, I don't have the DVD disk anymore, just the files on my hdd.
        I guess I'm trying to find out what could be causing this problem for future reference. Has me flummoxed. As I said, I am new to ripping/burning vcd's etc. but am reasonably computer literate and not being able to figure this out is what is driving me crasy.
        thanks,
        splarp

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

First convert the audiofile to .WAV or .MP3 format...

Comment

• splarp
            • Aug 2002

thanks

Thanks, setarip. I did an encode of the s/trk only through TMPGenc and then multiplexed them and it has solved the problem. A question though.... I was under the impression that TMPGenc Plus did the conversion when the film was multiplexed? Also, when the Ac3 wasn't working I did a Graphedit rip of the s/trk but the file it created would not multiplex either. Again, I was under the impression that it created a .wav file? Obviously, this is not so. Can you explain if there a reason for this? I have had success multiplexing when it has been an Ac3 s/trk on other rips, why would it not work on this one? Sorry to be a pest about it.
            Regards,
            splarp

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Thanks, setarip."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...