Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rescue
    • Sep 2002

Make VCD from JPG stills

This may sound strange but I would like to be able to take my digital photos (jpg format) and put them onto a CD-R so that I can play them in my VCD player (DVD player that copes with CD-R and VCD).

Ideally, I would also like to be able to overlay audio (music or voice) but this is not essential.

Can anyone help me with the steps I would need to take in order to make a VCD movie from still photos (would like each still to "play" for around 5 seconds.

I have tried using Windows Movie Maker to produce movie files but I cannot then make a VCD using Roxio Easy CD creator (complains about bitrates etc).

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid thing to attempt - but I have a genuine reason for doing this and can't figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You can use Blaze Media Pro to convert a sequence of .JPGs into .AVI format (you can set the time delay between frames as well). You can then use T<\MPGEnc to convert this to VCD format...

Comment

• rescue
      • Sep 2002

frame delay

Thanks for the feedback. I am nearly there but can't figure out how to set a delay between frames - I can only add/remove files and create the AVI file - there doesn't seem to be an option for setting this delay.
      Can you help me further please?
      Regards

Comment

• Deus
        • Nov 2001

you can also just drag it into Nero. it works fine and setting the delay is easy.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"there doesn't seem to be an option for setting this delay.
          Can you help me further please?"

You'll find the information you need by clicking on BlazemediaPro's "Help" dropdown menu...

Comment

• rescue
            • Sep 2002

still struggling

Thanks all,
            Doing this with Nero is easy (importing JPG and encoding with a delay between frames).
            However, I still can't create multiple video files from a collection of JPGs.

The reason I want to do this is to group selections of JPGs into separate 'chapters'. So, I would be able to jump to a specific set of JPGs rather than having to go through them all sequentially.

Not sure if this is possible. Also, the help files in Blaze media pro were no help (unless I'm being thick and can't find them)

Any more help gratefully appreciated.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Also, the help files in Blaze media pro were no help"

In Blaze MediaPro, when you select "Video Constructor", the bottom of the window includes a box labelled "Frame rate"...

Comment

• hammer
                • Aug 2002

Ulead dvd picture show.
                You can put your pics into seperate slide shows with music for each show.you have a main menu showing the slide shows so you can choose what 1 to watch.after creating this wite to cd as as vcd creted in a couple of mins.very simple to use.

Comment

• rescue
                  • Sep 2002

Thanks very much for that.
                  I tried the demo version - it worked fine so I bought the full version. It does exactly what I wanted with no fuss.

Thanks again to all for the advice

Comment

Working...