• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clouddweller
    • Sep 2002

need some help please

hi

I need some help with vcd burning.

I decompressed and converted an avi file with success, then i burnt this file with the latest version of nero with success.

But i tried to play it in my stand alone phillips dvd820 which is vcd compatible and the player told me to check disk.

so i put it in my cdrom drive and it has folders in it as follows....
    cdi
    ext
    mpegav
    vcd

I am lost i have been at this for over 3 weeks now and i just dont know what to do now, could someone out there please help me out i would appreciate it

thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Despite the fact that your standalone player is "VCD compatible" (a reference to COMMERCIALLY created VCDs), there is no assurance that it will recognize burned CD-Rs. Also, although it may recognize SOME brands of CD-Rs, there may be other brands that it won't recognize.

For more information about the specific capabilities of your particular brand/model of standalone DVD player, go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Comment

• cyberpic
      • Jul 2002

It seems to mee that philips 820 is compatible (I'also have got a philips 722 wich it is).

Try another burner like VCDEasy.
      <===cyberpic===>

Comment

• clouddweller
        • Sep 2002

Thanks for the advice guys

I finally was successful with burning my first vcd, I tried using a cdrw disk and as it turns out it was the crap brand of disks i was using firstly that my dvd player didnt like.

But the quality isnt that great lol the sound fades in and out and the picture gets data type blocks appearing in it.

Any suggestions on how i could fix this?

Thanks

Kris

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the advice ...it turns out it was the crap brand of disks i was using firstly that my dvd player didnt like."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• cyberpic
            • Jul 2002

What is the encoder you try with ? TMPEGnc, CCE ?
            <===cyberpic===>

Comment

Working...