• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Burning "non-complaint" mpeg-2 files in NERO

Occasionally, on some files NERO---after conducting an analysis of the file---informs me that the mpeg-2 file which I desire to burn as an svcd disc is "non-complaint". Consequently, NERO will have to re-encode it.

Is there anyway to burn an mpeg-2 file (that is larger than 700 mb so it can't be burnt normally as a data disc) as a "non-complaint" svcd disc in NERO without having to re-encode, so that it will play on my laptop?

Alternatively, would it be plausible to author an svcd disc if I "changed" the .mpg (mpeg-2 file) to a *.bin and *.cue file and then burned the image?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • Rarawa
    • May 2002

You may have already got an answer to this but I was just surfing the forum and came across your post. I regularly convert DVD to SVCD through FlaskMPEG using the LSX plugin and burn the SVCD using Nero.

Now I make very sure that my specifications are correct through FlaskMPEG and LSX plugin before I encode.

About 10% of the time Nero gives me a similar message to the one describe, that the file is non-compliant. I just ignore it and carry on. I've never had any problems with the SVCD being able to be read as a SVCD by my software player or my stand alone DVD player.

I think Nero's check is just too fussy. It works for me anyway.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Thanks for your reply. I do come accross that message, and if I continue NERO will re-encode the mpeg? I would like to avoid this scenerio.

Thanks

Comment

Working...