Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frsty
    • Dec 2001

making coasters left and right. :(

I have been trying for about 48 hours straight now to make a vcd that works in my dvd player. I have followed all the instructions that I have found or have been told and I have finally been able to make a divx into an mpeg, only problem now is the mpeg plays on my computer, but not in my dvd player. Dvd player handles ntsc vcd which is what I have been using in tmpgenc, but player will not recognize disc. I use easy cd, should I use something else or is the error with me, what am I still doing wrong?

Help, I am being over runned with coasters
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

First and foremost, be aware that many standalone DVD players are very "finicky" about which brands of CD-Rs they are willing to recognize.

To see if that's the only problem you have, burn your VCD to a REWRITEABLE CD - which, as far as I've determined, ALL standalone players recognize.

The following site has machine-specific information regarding standalone player capabilities:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• mattward2k
      PHP Guru
      • Nov 2001

It sounds stupid, but its also a good idea to make sure your DVD Player supports VCD's, as many do not. As for the CDRW thing, I have made many VCD's for my standalone DVD Player that work fine, but when using a CDRW, it will not play it. Also, its best to use Nero to burn the VCD's, best software out there for it really.
      Matthew Ward
      email@nancies.org.uk
      http://www.nancies.org.uk/

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To Mattward2k

Of course you are correct about some players not playing VCD format, however, the post by "frsty" stated: "Dvd player handles ntsc vcd". This, then would not seem to be a possible cause of his difficulty.

Since yours is the first posting I've seen indicating problems getting VCDs burned on CD R/Ws to work on a standalone, I'm curious to know what brand/model of standalone you have.

Comment

• mattward2k
          PHP Guru
          • Nov 2001

I have a Cyberhome ADL-528. I've only tried it once to test to see if the VideoCD I was making would work, and it didn't, but I burned it to a CDR any way. Seeing as I now have a new CDRW I'm not using for backup, I might try it again just in case.
          Matthew Ward
          email@nancies.org.uk
          http://www.nancies.org.uk/

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To: mattward2k

You might find the info about you player, at this site interesting:

Comment

Working...