Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

it takes the audio, just not the video. Its the video thats giving the error.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

ok, now its really fubar! I am getting the same error on any of my movies. Even the ones I have already converted but, saved the orginal avi. I installed the Nimo Codec Pack, thats how I got the that one codec you said I needed. Do you think that messed everything up ?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Uninstall the Nimo pack - You should have ONLY installed the one codec and nothing else

2) I ask you yet again, if you NOW load the .AVI into VirtualDub, does VirtualDub still generate an error - and, if so, what is the error?

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

It is a general solution. However, the latest versions of TMPGenc contain some important bug fixes (and perhaps if this fellow is utilizing windows xp, may be of use). His problem is a peculair one, and perhaps this may help.

BTW avoid installing the NIMO codec pack as Setarip suggested. Many people have problems with NIMO. Just install divx 3.11 alpha.
          Last edited by Batman; 21 Nov 2002, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To Batman

"Just install divx 3.11 alpha."

WRONG CODEC!

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

The divx 3.11 codec should be able to playback msmpeg4v3 files.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Nope - not unless the FOURCC code is changed...

Comment

• Batman
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2002

Thanks for clearing that up setarip.

While I'm not entirely sure, there may be certain restrictions on the mpeg4v3 codec, try changing the avi4cc and see if TMPGenc recognizes it.

Comment

• NDeh_is1
                    • Oct 2002

Just A Little Info

Ok, juss a little info on your movie. I downloaded that movie (maybe same file or sumthin like that) Ice Age and I had probs with it, playing and burning. Well I had Nimo and that thing juss bout made all my music sound crappy and didn't even do its job like making the movies work. I uninstalled that thing (Nimo) got a lot of recommendations to use it but I looked around and found that ace mega codec pack. After that Ice Age worked and burned properly onto my vcd, and plays too.

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

ok I uninstalled Nimo Codec Pack, and now for the most part everything is back to normal, wierd thing is now Ice Age will play and no error when I load it in TMPGEnc! yeah! On, the other hand some of the movies I previously had loaded and converted to VCD will not load now. I keep getting the error, file cannot be opened or unsupported. <--- that is the error I get in TMPGEnc

btw, FYI: I am using Windows XP

Comment

• NDeh_is1
                        • Oct 2002

Try the Ace Mega Codec Pack. I tried that Tsunami thing played my movies but slowed everything that played my music, and Nimo well I posted about that already. I forgot where I found that Ace Mega Codec Pack but I had to do some digging to find that. Alls I remember about it was that it was a foreign site and it was in German or something like that(good thing I took 2 classes of Deutsch in hs). Juss like Nimo but w/out the problems. Oh yeah about the same size as Nimo too and comes with Zoom Player.

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"On, the other hand some of the movies I previously had loaded and converted to VCD will not load now. I keep getting the error, file cannot be opened or unsupported. <--- that is the error I get in TMPGEnc"

Only because "Perseverance" is my middle name - I assume you are referring to .AVI files. If so, do the following (because it's possible that when you unisntalled the nefarious Nimo pack, you might have uninstalled a codec that you require for this/these other videos):

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box
                          Last edited by setarip; 22 Nov 2002, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• jmet
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2002

here are the screen shots

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

2nd one, btw V.Dub wont load these movies so I can get in the file info box on them.

Comment

• setarip
                                Retired
                                • Dec 2001

The first one requires the DivX v.3.11alpha codec and has a Variable Bit Rate (VBR) .MP3 audiostream. TMPGEnc cannot handle a VBR .MP3 audiostream. It has to be converted to either Constant Bit Rate (CBR) .MP3 or .WAV (Uncompressed PCM) format.

The second one requires the DivX 5.xx codec - which I believe TMPGEnc is still not capable of processing...

Comment

Working...