• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nelio
    • Dec 2001

vcd burned under NERO will not play in DVD player

Umm...
    Previously I've compiled a VCD of many different music video
    Basically i use TMPengc and change the resolution and ration and all that stuff to NTSC standards, for everyone of the files
    And then use NERO to burn all the files with a menu of different numbers

Then...

I just converted a movie in the same way that I did before, and it seems like it will not play. I checked and compared the two cd's , and everything seems fine. But I do not have the two files (presumably the two pages of menus) under segment. Will that make a difference? Why won't the cd play? Does it have to do with encoding? But i've got every main thing in the encoding correct. Will some one please help?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Does the new burned VCD play on your computer, but not on your standalone computer?

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure that the problem is related to the brand of CD-R not being "recognized" by your standalone DVD player. Not all DVD players recognize all brands of CD-R.

Comment

• nelio
      • Dec 2001

I guess it IS my dvd player's problem
      I compared the two cd-r's and then I found out that their colors were different
      My Toshiba DVD player only works with CDRs that are light... tinted green colors, but not the golden yellow kinds
      Thanks a lot.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

By the way, you should be pleased that you've found ANY CD-Rs that will play on your Toshiba. A buddy of mine has given up hope for his Toshiba standalone, after trying more than a dozen brands of CD-Rs!

Comment

• Quade
          • Jan 2002

Same problem here - try a CDRW, seems to work everytime for me - expensive though...

Comment

Working...